How many of you use Safari on everything?

Man of Honour
After my posts in this thread, I ran it for a few days longer but I really didn't like it. I tried, honest.
Code:
(/Applications/Microsoft\ Edge.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft\ Edge --disable-features=msEdgeSidebarV2 &)

To the rescue, it's got rid of it.

I only really use Edge for some work sites and Twitch, I find audio can be weird with Safari.

Last edited:
Associate
I cannot load the ocuk forum anymore using safari on my mac or ipad but my iphone is fine. Even if I use my phone data it doesn't fix it teathering. Ipad won't work on other networks either. Anyone else had this with safari?

Commissario
I cannot load the ocuk forum anymore using safari on my mac or ipad but my iphone is fine. Even if I use my phone data it doesn't fix it teathering. Ipad won't work on other networks either. Anyone else had this with safari?
What do you mean by ‘can’t load it’?

It’s working perfectly for me on multiple Macs using Safari.

Soldato
Having just taken delivery of my 24/1TB M2 a week ago I confess I am struggling with Safari a tad.

I am no stranger to it having used OSX before but I just can’t get it working the way I have my ancient FF setup. FF on MacOS also feels a bit more snappier for page rendering.

I have used FF since the Phoenix days and I am immensely missing extensions such as uBlock Origin, which does block YT gunk, and Reddit Enhancement Suite for example.

I will continue to try and use Safari however as it is great having bookmarks synced across my phone and tablet.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So a quick one that's bugging me. I use autocorrect when I type on this forum because I'm a bit thick and it helps me a lot but sometimes I type words I don't want to autocorrect, what's the best way to disable this while typing. Is there a better way than hitting escape before the bubble disappears or a revert button?

Soldato
Article isn’t clear if this affects Chromium based browsers too or just Chrome. If so then that’s a real nuisance as I was leaning towards Edge on occasions and quite enjoying the experience

Associate
I've been trying out Orion which is based on Safari but allows chrome/firefox extensions. It started off really unstable with video but recent releases have it at a very similar level to Safari 16.

Back
Top Bottom