Poll: How many sandwiches ? (now with a poll!)

How many sandwiches?

• 1 Sandwich

Votes: 229 53.0%
  • 2 Sandwiches

Votes: 144 33.3%
  • We should be banned for letting this go on so long

Votes: 59 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Gilly said:
Xkimo was the one that made the breakthrough. At first he was adamant it was 1 sandwich in 2 halves (which of course I'm not contesting) and to answer 2 was madness, but once we went through it and I repeated some of the explanations I've made in this thread he saw sense and realised that as the 2 halves also stand alone and fulfill their function separately that the answer is more likely to be 2 than 1 :)
That is a breakthrough. Your Jedi mind tricks serve you well. Unfortunately, they only work on the very weak-minded. :p

Associate
"Being a tray of tea sandwiches, not a tray of sandwichs"

So you agree, they are all independant sandwiches, not halfs, quarters or any other measure some people are using to avoid having to count past 1 :D

Soldato
solitude said:

So you agree, they are all independant sandwiches, not halfs, quarters or any other measure some people are using to avoid having to count past 1 :D
I can count past one, just not when I half it! :rolleyes: :p

Soldato
solitude said:

I agree that they are all independant tea sandwiches, or quarters of whole sandwichs. To state that each one is a whole sandwich in it's own right is madness, frankly. If I ordered a sandwich and got given simply a quarter like that I'd go ape!

Associate
If you cut a car in half it does not fulfill its definition of a car anymore. If you cut a sandwich in half, it still fulfills the dictionary defintion of a sandwich, and as such can be classes as a sandwich, independant, on it's own.

It's simple really. ;)

Soldato
Trojan said:
I agree that they are all independant tea sandwiches, or quarters of whole sandwichs. To state that each one is a whole sandwich in it's own right is madness, frankly. If I ordered a sandwich and got given simply a quarter like that I'd go ape!

I agree, a tea sandwich is merely another term for a quarter or half sandwich. A tea cake on the otherhand is neither a cake nor a portion of a cake :confused:

Soldato
basmic said:
I've got a £20 note here. I'm going to cut in half, because I'll get 2 x £20's from it. :rolleyes:

Really, some people don't understand the concept of quantity.
Point. Missed.

If you ignore the value of the note, it's a piece of paper.

Cut in two, do you have 2 half-pieces of paper? Or do you have 2 pieces of paper.

Tis simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom