Poll: How many sandwiches ? (now with a poll!)

How many sandwiches?

• 1 Sandwich

Votes: 229 53.0%
  • 2 Sandwiches

Votes: 144 33.3%
  • We should be banned for letting this go on so long

Votes: 59 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Gilly said:
After having this discussion in the office between 5 of us we came to the following conclusion:

Degsy: 1 sandwich.
Xkimo: 2 halves of the original whole that both qualify as individual sandwiches in their own right
Caslad: 2 sarnies ayyyyyyye
Gilly: 2 sarnies tha nus
Jon: 2 sarnies

So there we have it ladies and gents :)

So Gilly's workmates arent the brightest kids in class either then?

Man of Honour
Nah he's not, but he's from Feath Orleans.

Xkimo was the one that made the breakthrough. At first he was adamant it was 1 sandwich in 2 halves (which of course I'm not contesting) and to answer 2 was madness, but once we went through it and I repeated some of the explanations I've made in this thread he saw sense and realised that as the 2 halves also stand alone and fulfill their function separately that the answer is more likely to be 2 than 1 :)

Associate
You enter a cafe,the menu says "Bacon Sandwich £1.00"
You order said sandwich and 5 mins later a sandwich arrives on a plate 2 slices of bread bacon between them.
You now ask the proprietor to cut it in half for easier eating he returns with sandwich cut in half and asks for £2.00 as you now have 2 bacon sandwiches.
Will all those who agree with the 2 sandwich theory pay him £2.00 ? :)

Associate
Oldun said:
You enter a cafe,the menu says "Bacon Sandwich £1.00"
You order said sandwich and 5 mins later a sandwich arrives on a plate 2 slices of bread bacon between them.
You now ask the proprietor to cut it in half for easier eating he returns with sandwich cut in half and asks for £2.00 as you now have 2 bacon sandwiches.
Will all those who agree with the 2 sandwich theory pay him £2.00 ? :)

Using the same principle, a baker makes a 3 foot long baguette. He fills the baguette with filling then cuts it into portions to sell as sandwiches. When you ask for a sandwich, does he hand you one of these sandwiches cut from the baguette or does he hand over every sandwich he made from the baguette?

If he hands over all the sandwiches made please give the location of the shop:D

Associate
Gilly said:
After having this discussion in the office between 5 of us we came to the following conclusion:

Degsy: 1 sandwich.
Xkimo: 2 halves of the original whole that both qualify as individual sandwiches in their own right
Caslad: 2 sarnies ayyyyyyye
Gilly: 2 sarnies tha nus
Jon: 2 sarnies

So there we have it ladies and gents :)

Ahhh now i have to post something...

Ok going with the original statement there is just 1 sandwich and you get 2 halves when you cut it in half

But...if you were to give one of those halves to someone it would be condsidered a sandwich because thats what the definition of a sandwich is (bread top and bottom with filling in middle)

there :)

Soldato
Xkimo said:
Ahhh now i have to post something...

Ok going with the original statement there is just 1 sandwich and you get 2 halves when you cut it in half

But...if you were to give one of those halves to someone it would be condsidered a sandwich because thats what the definition of a sandwich is (bread top and bottom with filling in middle)

there :)

Almost correct, however the half you give someone would be classed as a tea or finger sandwich, not a whole one :)

Man of Honour
Trojan said:
Almost correct, however the half you give someone would be classed as a tea or finger sandwich, not a whole one :)
lol, thats rubbish. A tea or finger sandwich? Its a butty. A sanger. A sarnie.

Get yer god-damned commie tea/finger sandwiches outta here!

Soldato
Gilly said:
lol, thats rubbish.

Nah, saying that you suddenly have 2 sandwiches when you cut 1 in half is rubbish :p

I was just flicking through google for what you'd call portions of a sandwich and it seems that a tea sandwich is the most commonly used name. Hence this:

sandwich.jpg

Being a tray of tea sandwiches, not a tray of sandwichs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom