Poll: How many sandwiches ? (now with a poll!)

How many sandwiches?

• 1 Sandwich

Votes: 229 53.0%
  • 2 Sandwiches

Votes: 144 33.3%
  • We should be banned for letting this go on so long

Votes: 59 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Trojan said:
I agree that they are all independant tea sandwiches, or quarters of whole sandwichs. To state that each one is a whole sandwich in it's own right is madness, frankly. If I ordered a sandwich and got given simply a quarter like that I'd go ape!
A tea sandwich is still a sandwich.

Looks like you're agreeing with us to me :shrug:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Let's all stop comparing sandwiches to money, cars, pints of lager and anything else. Like black holes, they are a unique phenomena in our universe where normal rules of physics and, apparently, common sense DO NOT APPLY.

Soldato
I just had 24 sandwiches for my tea :)

If anyone can eat as much as me, please do tell.

It's 1 sandwich people, as the poll quite rightly shows :p

Soldato
I think the problem is people intuitively think 1 sandwich. However upon inspection it reveals the actual, more accurate answer is 2 sandwiches.

What we've seen in this thread is sensible people beating their intuition, but alas the majority seem incapable of distinguishing simple logic from their initial feelings :( I cry for the world.

Soldato
And I cry for the 2's. :( I have used mathmatical logic and common sense to determine that the answer is 1. I think any maths teacher would tell you there is 1 sandwich.

Soldato
Perhaps that's a problem - the solution lies in language and the definitions of the words, perhaps the OcUK forums are too mathematically minded to explore the literary roots of the words which can lead only to the correct solution - 2 sarnies.

Man of Honour
I think the poll speaks for itself really. End of subject as it's going round and round now.

1 sandwich ftw!!!
woot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom