How much data do you use?

Man of Honour
On my phone rarely use more than 1-1.5GB a month but using a 4G data plan for general internet use I easily get through 60GB and if I watch a bunch of TV shows can double that.

Soldato
In recent times I use about 10gb but that's me really trying to burn through it. My current contract is 15gb with rollover from Virgin and I have yet to come close to using the full amount. The only situation I can see why someone would need an unlimited plan is if they don't have home WiFi and they use their mobile data for everything. Beyond that I can't understand why anyone would need it.

Soldato
Usually about 13ish gig but i have done 17gb before. I stream radio/spotify for about 8 hours a day on decent quality and around half hour of YT and Facebook.

Now on a 25gb plan.

Soldato
I'm on 10GB and have only got close to that once or twice. I have passed it once but that was when my broadband was down so I had to use the 4g for everything

Associate
I always make sure to only use WiFi I know of, and only use WiFi unless I need to whilst out and about. So I don't even break 1GB a month. In fact, there's only ever been one instance of even coming close to that and that was around 5 years ago when my home Internet went dead. And even then I barely snuck past 800MB.

Soldato
Data is silly cheap these days though, Smarty 30GB at £10 on a 30 day rolling contact is difficult to better.

I used about 12GB most months, but sometimes as much as 40GB.

Soldato
I'm on unlimited £25 per month. If I watch twitch streams and loads of HD YouTube and then all the usual games and browsing, then can up too 40+ gigs, I think last month I used around 100gigs.

Soldato
OP
If I upgrade my contract with Vodafone I'll have either 20GB or unlimited to choose from.

I originally felt unlimited would be best, but don't get close to 20GB at the moment, not sure if that would change in the next two years though

Soldato
1GB per month plan. I've only ever gone over when I was on holiday without WiFi. Usually about 800mb used.

I download podcasts on WiFi in advance, don't stream video over data, pre-download Netflix stuff when I go away.

I'll get a bigger allowance next time, as the price has dropped loads for a few gig. Doubt I'd need more than 3GB really, though.

Back
Top Bottom