1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much data do you use?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by mushtafa, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Teledude

Mobster

70GB+ usually. Rarely use WiFi unless I have too.

2. Begbie

Capodecina

Normally close to my 30GB limit, didn't think I would. But it's faster than most wifi, so I end up turning wifi off.

3. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

Pointless thread is pointless.

I use less than a gig a month. Probably less than 500mb.

I use WiFi at work and WiFi at home.

4. mrbell1984

Capodecina

I think I used 200GB reading this thread.

5. AndyCr15

Capodecina

I did have a 20gb allowance with EE and was surprised two months running that I got text's saying I'd used 20% of this... which I realised coincided with my taking my MacBook to work and tethering. Damn, that thing burns through data even when I don't think I'm doing anything! For £5 more I stepped up to a 100gb allowance (now £25).

Two months ago I used 29gb, last month 9gb and this month 7gb half way in. Considering how cheap it is, I'm happy to have a 100gb available, but doubt I will ever need more than half of that.

For me it's not that I try and always be on WiFi because in reality the speed difference doesn't really show unless you're downloading a movie or something. For me it's more about I have a PC and a nice TV, so I have no need to stream things to my phone. I don't like/need to watch stuff while out and about.

The thread is a little pointless though, as everybody's needs and uses are so different...

6. mushtafa

Wise Guy

I know it's almost pointless, I suppose I wanted to see what the average usage was. Trying to decide if it's worth paying extra for more

7. Journey

Soldato

£10 for 30GB, there you go. How much you paying for 8GB?

8. Cromulent

Mobster

I normally don't use all that much but the Wifi I get at my current house is awful and is restricted so I use my mobile phone tethered to my laptop for all my data. I can easily go through 100GB a month downloading games and watching videos. I also download Linux ISO images fairly regularly as I use Linux a lot for work. I have unlimited data on Vodafone but I'm not happy with the speed. I'd be happier to have limited data if the speed was better.

9. Muppetpuncher

Associate

I use around 750gb a month with three sim via tplink 4g router paying £6.00 600 minutes/Unlimited text Unlimited data.
    (Virgin broadband cancelled)

Iphone 11 pro using around 70gb a month paying £2.00 200 minutes/Unlimited text Unlimited data.

https://ibb.co/GFMVMKP

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  10. mushtafa

Wise Guy

It was only the unlimited plans that were discounted, so unlimited data was less than their 20GB plan.

So unlimited everything plus Spotify premium and new phone for £48.80 a month.

11. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

My package is 40GB a month for the equiv of £14 a month on EE 4G. I use a large chunk of that (18-25GB) each month as I tether to the car's Android stereo for youtube/Spotify and also Spotify at the highest quality to and from the walks to work. Most of my usage is from instagram and other media though.

12. Darkpassenger

Gangster

About 20gb a month is good for me

13. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

an even more pointless question.

do you need more? then yes it's worth paying for.

if you don't need more then would be stupid to pay for more unless you are close to the limit or use it for business.

like i said before i use around 100mb a month. i have wifi at work and home

14. koooowweeee

Soldato

This

Better to get a pay as you go. Then see how you go. Buy a contract according

15. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

Link to deal? £2 a month?

16. koooowweeee

Soldato

Must be £20

I just got a virgin sin only deal (already a virgin customer) 15gb and what not for £15 or they offered 5gb for £3. Should of took the £3 really but I thought 'just in case'

Ive been on 3 for year. I was paying £8 a month for 4gb but I was always at the limit. I had a cap up only hit that once in 12 months.

If anyone is after a sim only deal look on Quidco and thank me later :D

17. sandys

Hitman

I used 5Gb max a month, sometimes much less.

If you don't need 5G I have been using Smarty (referral link) runs on the three network, cheap and its rolling month, I pay £13 for 8Gb but they pay back a £1 a Gb for unused data, so pretty muc only been paying 7 a month for what I need most of they time, it is pretty cool. the non pay back tariffs aren't bad also 10 for 30, 15 for 50 and 20 for unlimited.

There is also a Sky mobile thing in this forum Here that is pretty cracking, ties you in for a year though but it saves any unused data in piggybank for 3 yrs for you to use when you hit the odd peak time like holidays.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  18. chroniclard

Capodecina

2-3 gig of 10 gig allowance.

19. ping8781

Gangster

No idea as use wifi if home and have unlimited data through Superdrug Mobile ('3') so never even worry about it but easily 30-40gb minimum

20. Mr_Cool

Wise Guy

How have you managed that?
    I tried to reduce my £11 30GB AYCE and they werent having it, they just kept trying to offer me some silly half price deal which was still more than I was paying.

But I hover 20-30 last time i checked.