how much is your house insurance

Soldato
we live in a 5 bed detached house,

Just had the renewal quote through @ £574 for the year, is this normal or does it seem high ?

cover wise is pretty normal we don't have a lot of valuables, no jewellery, just electronics (laptop, TV, ipads, computer etc.)

Soldato
Jesus wept at those prices.... 3 bed semi - £178, renewed in Dec 2023 (up £35 from last year)

Buildings and Contents with Additional Accidental cover on both. Also includes Legal and Emergency cover too (boiler etc)

Soldato
Policy expert was £122.15 last Feb
Buildings, contents, legal and home emergency.
Wanted almost £200 for renewal

This year went with quote me happy at £152.39
Buildings, contents, legal and home emergency

2 bed semi Sunderland

Why on earth are some of these so high?

Last edited:
Associate
There was a thread on this IIRC a few months back with vastly differing results.

Mine again was about 100 after cashback. Minimal contents cover, no likelihood of falling trees, floods, subsidence, etc.

Soldato
House insurance itself is usually not a lot, it's the content that adds to it and how you want it insured. Jewelry, Bikes etc add significant amounts. If I take my bikes off then mine drops to sub £200 for instance.

Soldato
I did a go compare and it's always worth reading all the info on each price some wouldn't cover my sun house and utility and I have my stihll and stuff in there.
I did use the prices to barter though

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine is due soon. Year before last I paid £310. Last year, I insured with a 5 star defaqto rated insurer and upped the contents cover and individual items. So roughly, accidental building and contents, up to £1mil building, £20k outbuilding, £150k contents, £16k of specified items, basic legal and home emergency cover included. £326.

Back
Top Bottom