how much is your house insurance

Don
£200 a year with Sainsburys, £1.5m building, £350k contents and 5 declared items (mostly watches)

Made a claim this year for one of those items so will be interesting to see what happens to the premium, looking at some of the prices here mine is rather cheap?

Associate
£550 a year Nationwide unlimited building and about £300k contents ioncluding away from the home inc specified watches, near a river and in outer London.

Soldato
2 bed end terrace
Unlimited building and 75k contents including some named high value items. Some addons... Legal and home emergency but I'm not sure the addons are value for money.
Also my bicycle is insured for 2k in and away from home, and 1.5k personal possessions away from home

£245... I think I'm over insured though so going to have a better look at things come renewal

Last edited:
Associate
£177/year from Policy Expert (Silver). 3/4 bed detached, couple of £1000+ items and a bike.

Had £33 back as I went through a cashback comparison site so down to £144

Soldato
This just boils down to if you live in a **** area or not and not so much down to if you pay too much or not.

Those willy waving at the high cost would alert me to the fact that their area is a crime hotspot and not a place to live in.
Those with the lowest premiums would suggest..

Soldato
This just boils down to if you live in a **** area or not and not so much down to if you pay too much or not.

Those willy waving at the high cost would alert me to the fact that their area is a crime hotspot and not a place to live in.
Those with the lowest premiums would suggest..

Not particularly.. In my case for example, I lazily let mine roll over last renewal instead of shopping around, doing a proper analysis of contents value...
Also I only have a £200 excess on contents and £100 on building,
The family leagle and home emergency cover add another £60 alone for example and I'm not even really sure they are worth much as they are quite limited in scope IIRC.

I've definitely got room to tighten the policy up a bit.

Soldato
Not particularly.. In my case for example, I lazily let mine roll over last renewal instead of shopping around, doing a proper analysis of contents value...
Also I only have a £200 excess on contents and £100 on building,
The family leagle and home emergency cover add another £60 alone for example and I'm not even really sure they are worth much as they are quite limited in scope IIRC.

I've definitely got room to tighten the policy up a bit.

My comment came after a glass or two of wine and managing to climb on a box to shout louder.
This stopped once I had fallen off of the box.

Soldato
1300 here in London building and contents after shopping around. The majority (2/3) of the cost on the breakdown is unlimited building insurance cover. I think it’s a racket as they clearly just look at property ‘values’ and charge what they can get away with which in London means £££ and they say ‘your cover is unlimited’.

Soldato
Just renewed - about £180 for building and contents. I don't have accidental damage cover because I'd be unlikely claim on it.

I don't have many high value items either, just push bikes and radio equipment. Just a fairly standard 3 bed semi.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
just renewed with Privilege for £455
it increased my premium with admiral by about £25 because I removed the house from our multicar policy, but its still a decent saving

Back
Top Bottom