How to brew your own beer - The All Grain method

Permabanned
Me. Happily pay postage. I've been brewing for ages, geeze it to the experienced person who won't get bored after one brew ;).

Haha, if I get it working, I'd be able to sell as much of it as I want to people I know. That'd keep the motivation high enough thank you very much.

Oh and I can collect. :p

Soldato
Haha, if I get it working, I'd be able to sell as much of it as I want to people I know. That'd keep the motivation high enough thank you very much.

Oh and I can collect. :p

Psh. Homebrewing should all be about experimenting and sharing the joy. It's a fun hobby, both the making and the drinking and should be enjoyed by as many as possible!
Free booze galore in Glasgow after Paul sorts me out with his spare boiler.

Permabanned
Psh. Homebrewing should all be about experimenting and sharing the joy. It's a fun hobby, both the making and the drinking and should be enjoyed by as many as possible!
Free booze galore in Glasgow after Paul sorts me out with his spare boiler.

Lol, selling dosen't imply profit. If I can produce Christ knows how many litres, uni friends will be more than happy to reimburse me the 37p a pint rather than £3.70 in the local!

Would be jokes. :D

I've asked if it's still free, we can sort out who gets it after :p, may have to flip a coin

Ohhh, the gut wrenching coin flip. :p

Soldato
Lol, selling dosen't imply profit. If I can produce Christ knows how many litres, uni friends will be more than happy to reimburse me the 37p a pint rather than £3.70 in the local!

Would be jokes. :D

Ohhh, the gut wrenching coin flip. :p

I CAN'T HANDLE IT!

I need to brew lots of delicious all grain to cope... *ahem*.

Associate
Its a never ending money pit lol. Easy to start with the basic equipment. Then its a brew fridge, temp control, bigger mashtun, more fermenters and barrels, corny kegs, gas bottles etc. Enjoy. Its the best hobby in the world lol.

I usually get my stuff from here http://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/

Drinking orange honey blossom cream ale now. Have 40 pints of Kolsch lagering in the fridge and 40 pints of Oatmeal stout about to go into a keg. Yum.

and a link to Jims. A goldmine of info and help.
http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/

Soldato
How big and heavy are we talking? Can't be that heavy. You could use http://www.parcel2go.com/ they give you quotes if you chap in the dimensions and weight (weigh yourself, pick it up, weigh yourself again and subtract). Can't imagine it would cost *that* much... I'd obviously paypal/BT you the dosh.

Associate
Honestly as good as, sometimes better depending on how the pub stores their beer

Confirmed, I used to make all grain beer and they are as good as any real ale. Even making a beer with pale malt and a single hop variety can give excellent results.

I still have all my gear and may post in this thread at a later date as I'm getting the urge to brew.

Soldato
Arrived this morning, thanks a lot Paul! Will hopefully get a brew on next week, just need to make the chiller and then I'm ready.

Sent you an email as well.

Back
Top Bottom