How To Build A Gaming PC For Beginners-- Console Price, Superior Performance

Associate
OP
That's a surprisingly good spec for the money.

You didn't include a screen

I've never tried to play games on my Tv, but I'm pretty sure a proper screen would be needed for a pc.

I mainly play pc games for the mouse and keyboard now.
Were I happy with the console controls I might put up with worse graphics and lower Fps.
not including a screen because a console doesn't come with a screen.
Monitor, tv, your choice. Both work fine.

Soldato
I think your point of view is equally laughable. Expecting someone who just wants a game box to pay more to buy bits, put it together, hope they don't damage something, install an OS and all the relevant drivers etc and hope it all works. As opposed to just buying a console. You could do it for them of course but how much do you charge for a PC delivered ready to go?

I love PC gaming but what you are suggesting is just daft sorry and you haven't really debunked any of the myths (I wished you had!!). :)

This thread is aimed at debunking the myth that PC gaming is vastly more expensive than console gaming. The convenience and compatibility arguments for consoles are perfectly valid, they just aren't relevant to this thread.

Associate
This thread is aimed at debunking the myth that PC gaming is vastly more expensive than console gaming. The convenience and compatibility arguments for consoles are perfectly valid, they just aren't relevant to this thread.

But they are mentioned in the OP.

And the expense myth isn't debunked. You can't really ask someone (new to building PC's probably) who just wants to play games to buy PC bits and build it and everything will be fine. Realistically it will end up costing more than just the components as they will be very lucky not to encounter problems on their first time.

If they are prepared for that fine, but this is arguing that PC gaming can be as cheap, and I don't think that is realistic for a new user.

Associate
OP
But they are mentioned in the OP.

And the expense myth isn't debunked. You can't really ask someone (new to building PC's probably) who just wants to play games to buy PC bits and build it and everything will be fine. Realistically it will end up costing more than just the components as they will be very lucky not to encounter problems on their first time.

If they are prepared for that fine, but this is arguing that PC gaming can be as cheap, and I don't think that is realistic for a new user.
Well it is just as cheap...read through again and take note of the part where I say "more expensive upfront, cheaper in the long run". Which is realistic for a new user, and as with everything they will encounter problems. But hey that's what forums like this are for, it's what the PC community is for, it's for assistance. As with everything PC hardware centric, it's an enthusiast geared interest.

-One can easily buy a Hyundai i10 hatchback, but the one with an interest in how engines, exhausts, and Cylinder Blocks function will put the vehicle together themselves, knowing they're going to have to cater to it solo, while receiving the benefits of learning something new and how the car functions.

That in itself is the number one difference between PC and console. Only do it if you understand there's a learning curve.

Soldato
Needs some screenshots of games it will run fine to really sell the idea I think

free online game play is a huge plus for PC gaming

Take away the monthly cost of online play for consoles and pc is a lot cheaper yep.

Also try a new 1050 for gpu to save a couple bucks, Im told it does very well at 1080p and uses 75w

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess this is just a hypothetical build and was never put together? Be good to see how it performs in benchmarks.

Associate
OP
Needs some screenshots of games it will run fine to really sell the idea I think

Take away the monthly cost of online play for consoles and pc is a lot cheaper yep.

Also try a new 1050 for gpu to save a couple bucks, Im told it does very well at 1080p and uses 75w

1050 is fast but as the case with the majority of nvidia gpus, their vram choice holds their cards back for long term use. They remain powerful but as vram requirements rise, their cards fail to be a safe bet. -Not all models, just more so than AMD's. (750Ti, 680, 660TI) All very good but compared to AMD competitors these cards don't have log life.

Back
Top Bottom