How to get Corsair Carbide front fan lights illuminating

Associate
Hi all,

I just setup a second PC from some old parts into a Corsair Carbide Delta case with 3 front RGB fans.

Everything works except the illumination of the RGB fans....

Now firstly I have discovered I have an old Asus Z87-A mobo without RGB headers (my bad for not thinking about this)

I then purchased a Corsair fan hub controller thinking this would work, but no lighting still.

I did install ICUE but nothing detected.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What do I need to do to get these RGB fans lit up?

Caporegime
Are you sure the fans haven’t been replaced for different, non-RGB fans? Do they have two leads off them? The PWM and another for RGB? Take one out and check the model number.

Associate
OP
Hi thanks for your reply - I have just whipped the case off and checked, they all have the 2 leads and i can see the one is a RGB lead. The RGB leads from all 3 are joined up to a splitter. The model number "A1225M128" is all i can see without stripping them out....

So they should work i would have thought

Regards

Associate
OP
Thanks.... Tried the one fan one lead, retried on another, and reconnected the hub to a different SATA lead, sadly no recognition in ICUE4. So really stumped now. Might just leave as is for now sadly

Soldato
Have you tried an older version of iCue, as Corsair is not supporting some devices with the new iCue4, which is another reason why getting all into the Corsair lighting eco-system is a bad idea. Neither your case nor the RGB fans are mentioned in the unsupported list though, but it may not be a complete list, and worth a try.

Associate
OP
Sadly the new (well old 3.8 ICUE) software did not recognise the hub either, so sadly I either have a hub fault, or something else wrong. Thanks to all who offered up suggestions in any case -its no big deal as it was a Sim rig, my main rig is still all lit up nice :)

Associate
I have been looking at this Corsair delta carbide case, but I’m using a z77 sabertooth motherboard. Which has no rgb header.

Has anyone had any luck in using either the Corsair hub controller or cool master hub controller.

Don’t want to upgrade the i7 3770k just yet.

luckily I’m good at doing research so checking this before I go ahead and buy it. Would either the above solutions definitely work?

cheers

Associate
OP
Hi Aaron,

If you go ahead, please let me know how you get on. I suspect i might have a faulty component somewhere, but i might retry in the future ( still not working for me)

Associate
Right just to update, it’s not as easy as first seemed.

I brought the case thinking after much research I could get the Corsair commander pro, then get an rgb hub and connect the rgb connectors to the rgb hub and the power connectors to the commander pro.

The Corsair fans that come with this case are 4 pin and they don’t connect to either the commander pro or rgb hub.

This is the connector.

https://ibb.co/1XKkYDC

it comes with a connector to take 3 of those into into one

https://ibb.co/FnW5ZTq

These are the rgb fans!

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Carbide-SPEC-DELTA-RGB-+12V-RGB-Fan,-120mm,-1300-RPM/p/CC-8900322

is there an rgb hub that will connect to the commander pro. Or do I need to replace those fans with other rgb fans ? That’s will connect to the Corsair rgb hub ?

Associate
Associate
The Corsair fans that come with this case are 4 pin and they don’t connect to either the commander pro or rgb hub.

This is the connector.

https://ibb.co/1XKkYDC

OK, so thats a non-corsair rgb connector, they'd typically connect to the rgb header on the motherboard.

As you've noticed, they'll not connect to a Corsair rgb hub. However, you can buy adapter cable that will allow you to connect it to a Corsair rgb hub.

If I remember correctly, I got mine from a certain auction website

Associate
Associate
It was a pretty generic name.
Corsair RGB to Standard ARGB or something like that.

It'll allow you to adjust the rgb via iCue, yes.

So you'll have your fan with two cables. The power cable will go to the Commander Pro. The RGB cable will go to the adapter, then into the rgb hub

Soldato
It was a pretty generic name.
Corsair RGB to Standard ARGB or something like that.

It'll allow you to adjust the rgb via iCue, yes.

So you'll have your fan with two cables. The power cable will go to the Commander Pro. The RGB cable will go to the adapter, then into the rgb hub
How does it solve the problem of needing 12V?

Associate
How does it solve the problem of needing 12V?
Ah, didn't notice they were 12v. In that case I'd say to just try adding a converter hub (though never used one myself, I'm not certain it would work - but you can get them).

Commander Pro > Corsair RGB Hub > Corsair adapter > 5v to 12v Converter hub > fans

All fans would have same colour profile though, as using only one Corsair RGB hub socket.

Alternatively, could just use a 12v rgb expansion card/hub and skip/sell the Corsair bits. I'm not sure which rgb software would be ideal for that but I'm sure there'd be something out there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom