• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to overclock a 7850 past 1050MHz?

Associate
So I know there is a heap of info on the various 7850's on this thread but is there any general consensus on which brand 7850 is best for over clocking? I know it will depend a lot on the individual gpu but is there any brand that has better cooling or anything that will give the best chances of higher stable clock speeds?

I've got my eye on the sapphire, msi (twin frozr 3) and the power color 7850, but am open to other brands..

Thanks in advance

Caporegime
x38oeo.jpg
2qld1de.jpg

msi twin frozr 3,can max ccc easily,havnt pushed further yet

Associate
So I know there is a heap of info on the various 7850's on this thread but is there any general consensus on which brand 7850 is best for over clocking? I know it will depend a lot on the individual gpu but is there any brand that has better cooling or anything that will give the best chances of higher stable clock speeds?

I've got my eye on the sapphire, msi (twin frozr 3) and the power color 7850, but am open to other brands..

Thanks in advance

They pretty much all max out CCC, but to get an uber clocker is just luck of the draw. Go with what's cheapest at the time and offers a good warranty.

Associate
just tried TRIXX tonight over ASUS utility. i really like it, except the VDDC stays constant even when the card downclocks itself. with ASUS, VDDC would drop to .8v or so when there was little load. is there a setting in TRIXX to get the same result? i would think it be a bad thing to have VDDC at it's max all the time, especially if the max is more than stock for most of us.

anyone?

Soldato
Associate
I am considering getting a second 7850 because of the prices at the moment, but my motherboard only supports 16x/4x for crossfire, but it is a pci-e 3 board, so would this still ruin the performance of crossfire?

Soldato
So far my results for my msi tf3

Stock voltage is 1.138v and ASIC is 80%.

Currently at 1175 core and 5800mhz mem 1.145v.

Ran through heaven bench fine at that and just been gaming for a hour which was fine also. Temps hit 70c but my case has very little airflow and room is quite warm.

Gotta say the card is great. Runs so quiet and cool.

Soldato
well my msi Twin Frozr IV is at 1250 core and 5520 memory, 1.254 volts and temps of 65 auto fan profile, in dirt 3 in a hot room, not bad at all.

Please resize image to a maximum 1024 pixels wide.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom