• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to overclock a 7850 past 1050MHz?

Soldato
There all PNY afaik, as far as noise goes there bloody noisy when they spin up but I knew that.....

Spin up at initial boot? Or at gaming temps? I cant find PNY 580 reviews, but reference is reference, PNY only contributed a sticker to the card as I understand...

Is it much noisier than Oced 7850 then?

Associate
Got mine set at 1200 core, 5800 memory, not tried higher yet. Running heaven GPU is at 62 degrees with 70% fan speed which is quite loud. Not sure cooler up to the job of going higher without the noise being too much.

Soldato
Got mine set at 1200 core, 5800 memory, not tried higher yet. Running heaven GPU is at 62 degrees with 70% fan speed which is quite loud. Not sure cooler up to the job of going higher without the noise being too much.

bout the same as what i ran mine at but with less fan, seemed to hit a wall shortly afterwards, managed 1310mhz on the msi with 1.3v

Soldato
Here are a few results from my quick play around this evening.

Stock bench under Heaven;

2mx4the.png

Downloaded Trixx and upped the core to 1079mhz. Haven't touched the memory or voltage.

1z1qwzs.png

This is with an Asic quality of 78.9%

I think i'll be able to get a good bit more out of it. Haven't pushed the fans really and the noise wasn't noticeable at all. Heard more of the "whine" than anything else.

Associate
just tried TRIXX tonight over ASUS utility. i really like it, except the VDDC stays constant even when the card downclocks itself. with ASUS, VDDC would drop to .8v or so when there was little load. is there a setting in TRIXX to get the same result? i would think it be a bad thing to have VDDC at it's max all the time, especially if the max is more than stock for most of us.

Back
Top Bottom