how to pick an AIO

Soldato
"FFS Ross Thomson give it a rest" .. no, you are not even a part of this discussion.
So,
FFS Ross Thomson mind your own business.

Associate
FFS no, he's actually questioning the performance of products we all buy, i'd rather he stand up to companies that dont supply the proper information to make an educated purchase than just blindly buy something that says it can cool an 9900k and have flash LED LAWLZ!

The performance of the coolers are not under question. We know how they cool from reviews. The constant whining about flow rates is just boring as is the constant CLC are a subset of AIO comments when someone doesn't ask for it. The flow rate is only part of how an water cooling works and going on and on and on about it doesn't help anyone.

Soldato
The performance of the coolers are not under question. We know how they cool from reviews. The constant whining about flow rates is just boring as is the constant CLC are a subset of AIO comments when someone doesn't ask for it. The flow rate is only part of how an water cooling works and going on and on and on about it doesn't help anyone.
So stop going on and on and on about it.

Associate
Interesting 'discussion'. To the question of "how to pick an AIO", in my experience of having had a fair number of AIOs, I'd also go with the "whatever fits in your case".

In the various machines I use/have built, there are AIOs back as old as the very first H100, through a H100i, H110i GT, then a H100i v2, then a Kraken X62, and even a few OcUK OEM Aseteks. All of those have been used in overclocked machines, or 24/7 heavy use ones, and to date I've had zero failures apart from noisy fans on the older H100/100i units.

My PC at work is my old 5960X overclocked to 4.7GHz, running on the old H110i GT, and it's been running 24/7 for years - the machine started out with a 5820K, then a 6800K, then the 5960X. The cooler now has replacement ML140 fans, because the junk Corsair hairdriers that came with it died.

The only time I've heard the pump in any of the AIOs is on the H100i v2 which is effectively running upside down (rad fitted in bottom of a 600Q, with the pump above), so there is sometimes air in the pump. I know it's not ideal, but when I get a chance I'll swap in a 280mm Asetek in to the front of the case to solve that issue.

Long story short, AIOs are a commodity item now, like a DVD writer is - they're cheap and all basically the same.

Back
Top Bottom