How would you fix the economy?

Soldato
How so?

Lower pricing means people will buy and spend more, More money in the economy.

Less money being handed out to wasters and scum that don't deserve it, lower cost of living in general while maintaining a better standard of living.

How would it increase the deficit?

Cutting VAT doesn't increase sales by a huge amount, and cutting the rate of cigarettes won't increase sales at all.

Caporegime
Does anyone else ever read threads and think that they're in on the joke before realising that the posts they are reading are genuine?

Economics is a great subject to post about, particularly when you don't understand it in any meaningful way.

Caporegime
Send everyone back
Build a barbed wire fence around Dover
Abolish money
Invade France
Sharia law for everyone.
Make Fosters the national Beer of the UK
100% tax on all wages. (as there is no money, wages are in the form of punches, handed out by the Nanny State)

Permabanned
Get rid of Westminster, Whitehall the Treasury and the Tories by becoming an independent nation better able to match its people to its resources.

Well, that's the hope anyway. ;)

Associate
:p

Me I'd just slaughter the 10 or 20 million people who are the richest & put there money in my bank account.
As for the country I'd order the population to buy UK goods or they'd die as well.
Immigrants would have to pay 15k for every year they work here.
Anybody shorter than me would have to pay a I'm to small tax.
Anybody taller than me would have to pay a I'm to tall tax.
Price of petrol would go up to 2 quid a litre for All cars except MX5 Mk1's Who'd get Free petrol for being so ******* awesome.

I would also kill anybody that didn't agree & support my proposals Before During or After my Reign. :D

Just as sensible as any of the other posts above...

Soldato
OP
How so?

Lower pricing means people will buy and spend more, More money in the economy.

Less money being handed out to wasters and scum that don't deserve it, lower cost of living in general while maintaining a better standard of living.
People are happier, less stressed, happy workers make for more productive workers, People see workers in this country so happy and think, mhmmm I want to work here, more workers, more jobs, more money for those who deserve it?

How would it increase the deficit?

People have a very skewed perception of where benefit money goes in this country, and no civilised country can exist without some form of welfare. What do you suggest all these people currently on benefits do if you take them away? Go and get one of those many jobs that don't exist, or just get caught up in a cycle of petty crime to feed themselves?

Then, given fuel duty brought in almost £33bn in 2012, you're losing the best part of £7bn there without even considering the impact of cutting alcohol and cigarette duty.

I doubt cutting alcohol and cigarette duty by 20% will see an increase in sales to make up for that lost duty, and the very worst case scenario is sales do increase so you're placing more of a burden on the NHS in the long term for the same amount of tax revenue in the short term.

Man of Honour
Cut Benefits
Cut VAT
Cap NI
Stop oil, gas and electricity price rises
Build nuclear powers stations, high speed lines and Thames Estuary airport without years of debate and public enquiries
Stop all immigration
Privatise BBC
Privatise the poor
Introduce forced labour for all prisoners
Teach English and Maths in schools, make exams hard
Introduce pirate navy

or introduce the plague, wipe out half the population and start over again.

The choice is yours. :p

Soldato
Construction industry has brought the economic growth rate averages down for the last 3 quarter's and seriously needs some assistance. Like the car industry, the construction industry is a benchmark for economic performance and is often first to go and last to recover. Due to this I would likely start be reducing VAT on home extensions to match that of new build.

Back
Top Bottom