How would you spend 100k on modding/improving your current car?

Soldato
Well I guess out of the two cars I'd have to pick the Fiat 500 over the Peugeot 306 estate..

So:

Wide arch kit of some description - carbon fibre if I've got so much to spend
Abarth 695 sequential gearbox - or maybe some sort of AWD conversion.
Abarth engine setup - forged, stroked etc. - high revving as possible
Big turbo
Bucket seats
Full chassis upgrades, suspension, arms etc.
Big wide wheels to accommodate the below
BBK
Decent up to date ICE

So aim of 350bhp, sub 1000kg with me in it. Looking very wide, and still usable day to day..

Should be easy for 100k right?

Soldato
Out of interest what mx-5 do you have? mk1?

I've had a mk1 and a mk2.5 absolutely love the mx-5s. Especially turbo'd.

I know people say they're hairdresser cars and take the pee but most of them have never driven one.

Sorry just seen this! Yep I have a mk1, love it though I'd love a turbo as it's a bit slow currently :p

Soldato
I don't think I could actually spend £100k on it. Even refreshing every single drivetrain component and completely rebuilding the engine using components from the new Focus ST engine and tuning it for a safe smooth 300+ bhp wouldn't cost anywhere near that much. Maybe I'll commission Getrag to uprate the gearbox components to handle the extra torque, or change it for a 6DCT470.

Soldato
Space-frame body using current car shell over R35 underpinnings and spend the rest on tuning to unleash the beast :cool: that would rip through £100k easily.

How to spend 100k on a 8 year old honda???

probably start by removing absolutely everything from the shell and then work out how to build it into a 1990's supertourer and drive it into the back of Plato at Donnington just like I did back in the day

actually might be less money to buy the real thing http://www.legendsautomotive.co.uk/showroom/car/1999HondaAccordBTCC

Doing it properly! Reckon £100k is about what they go for?

Soldato
Heated steering wheel.

Just to update this:

Heated steering wheel

Some button on my keyfob that i press and it starts up my car, whilst still locked so it can get up to a perfect 21° and the heated seats and the new heated steering wheel are nice a warm ready for me to jump in.

Chuck in some rear heated seats aswell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom