Poll: How would you vote in a referendum to abolish the monarchy?

Would you get rid of the monarchy?

• Abolish the monarchy

Votes: 326 30.5%
  • Keep the monarchy

Votes: 743 69.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
How would you vote in a referendum to remove absolutely all legislative power and influence that the monarchy holds and for the removal of the monarch as the head of state?

Why would anyone want that? We should be proud to have a royal family and they do a lot for this country. They have a lot of influence and bring in a lot of money, jobs, tourist etc. And it's part of our history!

Soldato
How can you dislike the Royals, Philip is always worth a laugh.

I agree on that. Is possibly the only one who speaks his mind and doesn't give a damn, even when that got him into trouble many times. And holds well for his age at 95.

As for the monarchy, if the Queen had bit more power to hit the head of the PMs when they are tards, it could have worth the money spent.
But the poor old woman, doesn't even have the right to speak. Imho I feel sorry for her, because she lives in a "gold prison", the figurehead of the second most expensive circus on the planet.
(first circus is the whole Vatican)

And is hypocritical of us to say from one hand "we do not want them to interfere on the running of the country" while we want them to be the heads of the state and us their subjects.

Man of Honour
Too right they're relatives of people who conquered then murdered and enslaved our ancestors.

Who do you think the people you referred to are?

The closest I can think of would be the Normans, but despite their oppression and brutality they didn't enslave everyone. In fact, they acted against slavery (some English people were being enslaved and taken to be sold in Ireland at that time). Besides, many people in Britain today have some Norman ancestors. Maybe including you. You may well have more Norman ancestry than the queen does.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I would go one further and not just abolish but slaughter them all down to the 10th cousin, build a big statue on top of there festering corpses and call it KARMA.

Caporegime
Voted to keep the monarchy. It makes no sense whatsoever, I don't buy the tourism argument at all, but England without a King or Queen just wouldn't be the same. Maybe I'm just getting old and it'd be a change too far.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I would go one further and not just abolish but slaughter them all down to the 10th cousin, build a big statue on top of there festering corpses and call it KARMA.

I don't think you really understand the concept behind Karma do you?

Back
Top Bottom