Howabout a photoshop competition

Soldato
Phate said:
Ok

previous one must use something from the previous entre.

Won't work. Someone could post a masterpeice, or even utter rubbish and then you need to use it, it might completely ruin your own idea, and your stick with nothing?

Scrap that idea imo. The rest is good :)

Soldato
I'd rather it just be our representation of summer from scratch, rather than using a previous thing - or if you provide us with an image we have to incorporate.

I think it will work better, but I hope it'll be fun. :)

Soldato
shifty_uk said:
Won't work.
AFAIK what Phate's suggested is actually how most photoshop competitions work (apart from worth1000.com) - so it will definetly work. The question is rather - is it a good idea - I'd say the best idea would be how worth1000 does it - a general theme or singular image and then everyone has to make something along those lines.

fini

Soldato
So basically someone creates a summer image, and then they submit it into the competition, then the second person must take that image and use it in their own image, and so on and so on? What would be good about that? If you sat and created an image, then you'd have to go back and incorporate the previous persons own art into your art?
That would just be annoying.

Caporegime
OP
shifty_uk said:
That would just be annoying.

it worked well with the last competition

when i say something from the previous entre i mean like before someone had a field with trees and some butterflys

in the next image it had a butterfly somewhere in it, i dont mean a whole section just something. still object?

i want it to be as fun as possible, let me know what you think

i don't mind if you all want to create your own summer themed images from scratch its entirely up to you guys :) i'm happy either way

Soldato
i think we prefer that way because then we can all use our own ideas and not have to be dependant on when the next entry is in, rather there is just a closing date.

I think that you should provide one or two images we have to incorporate and then we are judged on how appropriate to the theme the image is, and then how well the image was included, and stuff like that.

:)

Soldato
I don't like the whole waiting-around thing. It's annoying, in my opinion, and people take too long or drop out etc.

I think you should get an image, totally unrelated to the summer, and we all have to design something that represents the summer, yet, has to incorporate that one non-summer image.

For example, a picture of a big scary zombie from mars with 20 legs and 500 wives, or something. :) But to incorporate that into a happy summer image, would require talent. ;)

Man of Honour
OvertoneBliss said:
I don't like the whole waiting-around thing. It's annoying, in my opinion, and people take too long or drop out etc.

I think you should get an image, totally unrelated to the summer, and we all have to design something that represents the summer, yet, has to incorporate that one non-summer image.

For example, a picture of a big scary zombie from mars with 20 legs and 500 wives, or something. :) But to incorporate that into a happy summer image, would require talent. ;)

Winning Suggestion.

Cheers,

Mark

Soldato
Whatever you decide Phate, it'll have to be soon as people are getting a little bored of waiting I think, and they'll all start dropping out.

As long as we don't have to "wait for the next guy", I think everyone is happy. So just decide on something and post the thread. Suprise us, or use my awesome idea. ;)

Soldato
Crap car to good car TBH!

And all photoshops must be in by a deadline, and only 1 picture per person, and not allowed to edit after submitted!

Back
Top Bottom