How'd you meet your current GF?

Don
silversurfer said:
she was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar..

Human League!! :D

Awesome tune that.

Met mine online, saw her picture and thought she looks nice, noticed she taught the guitar too so wanted some tips. We were both in relationships at the time too. I messaged her, we got chatting for a couple of days then everything went quiet for about a year.

I turned my msn online notification on a couple days before hand, and randomly she came online. I thought I recognised the face and decided to talk to her, she remember me pretty much. Spent the next two weeks chatting a couple of hours a night, with me mostly persuading her to go out for a drink with me.

Happened after about two weeks, in a pub in Stourbridge. Dated for a month or so before we properly got together (she tried to kiss me on the second date, I thought she was going to peck me on the cheek, so turned my face so ruined that! - She still doesn't let me live that down) It's now been 9 months and a week tomorrow since we got together and never been happier.

Absolutely beautiful, guitar teacher, trainee nurse and just one of the most loveliest, beautiful people you could ever meet.

Associate
Met her through a forum I was an admin she was a moderator.

We started talking on MSN just about daily, 18 months later I moved to The Netherlands to live with her.

We got married October last year and we are expecting a child in February next year.

Soldato
Met in our 2nd year of uni on a CU weekend away. Saw her a few times after that and we ended up getting married last July - first anniversary this Sunday!

Soldato
Met mine at work

I had just come out of a 2 year relationship. Had been single for about 5 weeks. She was in a 3 year relationship but was feeling un-happy and trapped (she had a mortgage with the guy and he didn't let her do much). My work colleague sent me an msn about her so I went upstairs to talk to him about the printer she happened to be sat next to ;).

Anyways, there was a work night out arranged so I e-mailed the e-mail group she was in asking who was going. She was the only one that replied saying she was going. Turns out she liked me and wanted to get to know me. Met up on dinner a few times, exchanged numbers, met after work a few times. She was still with him at this point as she couldn't just leave as she had no-where to go. Took what seemed like an absolute age before we could start seeing each other properly. It eventually happened when the now ex bf had rang all her friends and familly asking where she was and he found out she was with me. Kicked her out. Luckily her dad had a spare bed she could stay in. We now have our own place and are happy as hell. Been together 8 months now.

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
Met my GF(now wife of 5 years) at one of my brother's gig's in Lincoln. We'd actually had mutual friends for about 5 years, but had never crossed at any of the potential social gatherings between friends/families.

Met her in April 2000, married in July 2002. Now we have a 5 month old daughter :)

Soldato
We met through World of Warcraft. I was a level 18 gnome fisherman and she was a level 7 troll. We raided together and she couldn't resist the charms of my +1 sword.

Or maybe we met at work. I can't remember. :p

Soldato
Tunney said:
We met through World of Warcraft. I was a level 18 gnome fisherman and she was a level 7 troll. We raided together and she couldn't resist the charms of my +1 sword.

Or maybe we met at work. I can't remember. :p

Surely that is how your relationship will end? :p :p :p

Associate
Met my fiancée almost 3 years ago on Faceparty. I'd had a few bad relationships and was just looking for some freinds to chat with, anyway, we got to chatting for a good few months, all really friendly and great, no real hint of it going anywhere other than friendship.

Anyway, we decided to meet up and go watch Saw in the cinema (her choice!), when we met up we just clicked and what was originally just a meet up turned into a mammoth 14 hour long date. 6 months later I moved in with her, 6 months after that we got engaged, 1 year after that we bought a house together and now we're thinking about a 2008 wedding. :)

Associate
Met mine through a friend..... She was on the phone to my friend, when i abruptly stole the phone and started chatting to her, we instantly clicked. Gave her my number so we could carry on chatting later that evening....

18 months on and i have never been so happy in all my life :)

Soldato
greece /rhodos

holiday romance that's lasted 12 years :D

best holiday ever went on.

funny i saw her the night before but my mates wanted to go to a club so didn't get the time to talk to her but met her again the next night so moved in for the kill :D

:p

Soldato
She was working at the pub I used to frequent. I knew her to say hi to for a while then I DJ'd there one night and she liked my tunes :D Got chatting afterwards & hooked up at a post pub house party a few months later. Married in 2003 & expecting a baby soon.

Associate
He apparently asked me out in School when I was in year 7 and he was in year 8. I laughed and said no ... I have no memory of this.

Move on a few years to 6th Form and our PE classes were going on a trip to Wales. He saw me on the Bus, and remembered me. He told everyone and I was clueless. Through out the trip when we needed to be in pairs everyone would pair up and leave us alone. On the last day when we hadn't got together we got locked in a room by everyone, and 4 hours later we were a couple. 7 and a half years later we still are.

Got a big cheer when we got back on the bus to go home!

Back
Top Bottom