** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Associate
Cheers for the reply. I've been a member on that forum for a few years as I originally planned to get a 311 mini when they launched but never got round to it. However the forum is all but dead now with posts going unanswered weeks later.

So far I've converted it from Ion LE to Ion and upgraded it to 3GB of ram. However while it plays 720p/1080p fine basic Windows (7 Home Premium) use seems slow and "clunky". Also I've installed Skype and when I try to make a call I get a warning saying the computer (NOT the connection) is too slow?!?

Hmmm my wife used the 311c for Skype while l was abroad, the computer was never flagged as slow, just my end of the connection, can't help you there buddy, however l did follow the "how to optimise windows 7" thing in the forum when l first loaded W7 on it. Sorry l can't be much more help.

Regards.

C.

Associate
Price range not sure, l went to the DM1-3101ea, and now have a m11x r3 i5 2467m cheap off the outlet.

Sold my old 311c to a work mate.

The 311c still ran Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Kubuntu etc really well.

So you are really looking at E-450 Apu 11.6" systems at that price(ish).

Regards.

C.

Last edited:
Soldato
I installed W8 last week,have not tried webcam though,having trouble shutting it down wont restart or shut down via windows but the hdd does stop accessing and spinning.
But it was doing this with the install of W7 before,so perhaps it is something up with the hardware?

W8 I must admit that it is not for me,I just can`t seem to like it like i do/did W7

Back
Top Bottom