** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Associate
Hi everyone these notebooks are awesome by the way, had mine about 6 months now and have never regretted it the 2gb is well worth it.

Was wondering if anyone had upgraded the Hard drive, was looking at upgrading mine to a 500gb 2.5" drive however would there be any size issues to fit it in?

Thanks

Man of Honour
Hi everyone these notebooks are awesome by the way, had mine about 6 months now and have never regretted it the 2gb is well worth it.

Was wondering if anyone had upgraded the Hard drive, was looking at upgrading mine to a 500gb 2.5" drive however would there be any size issues to fit it in?

Thanks

Hey which 2GB RAM Stick did you add?

I was looking at adding a 2.5" hard drive before I just bought an external USB HD but I don't think you should have any issues as long as you buy the correct - 2.5" size!

Associate
Yeah just wondered if anyone else had upgraded there hdd's so far doesn't look like many have spesh whe you can get a 500gb 2.5" hd for £43 its quite a cheap upgrade as is the cost of the ram the same.

kvr1066d3s7/2g - kingstone 2gb thats what ive got in mine, runs very well no issues

didn't get mine from this website but it can be easily found in a google product search.

Man of Honour
Yeah just wondered if anyone else had upgraded there hdd's so far doesn't look like many have spesh whe you can get a 500gb 2.5" hd for £43 its quite a cheap upgrade as is the cost of the ram the same.

kvr1066d3s7/2g - kingstone 2gb thats what ive got in mine, runs very well no issues

didn't get mine from this website but it can be easily found in a google product search.

Thanks thats great, theirs another forum dedicated to the HPMini theres been a fair few folk there who have changed HDD.

Associate
Had to send my 311c away for a fan repair, the fan was making a horrendous noise and the unit was overheating. Liased with HP UK via email and got it sorted within a week - nice service imo.

Associate
What's the performance of the Atom in the 311c like. I'm thinking of getting one (11" screen + Ion are compelling features over normal netbook specs). Would only be used for things like browsing, email perhaps a bit of office editing etc.
Currently I have a few-year-old Toshiba Satellite 1410 which has a 2GHz mobile celeron ... how does that processor comapre with the Atom? Processor performance may not matter though as the tosh is maxed out at 512MB RAM and it dosen't really cope with XPSP3 etc and a 311c with 1GB (with ability to increase to 2GB ro 3GB) could be faster just due to the reduced swapping!

Associate
what would be the best way to backup this netbooks hdd as a whole (image wise) for piece of mind i would like to be able to restore it incase anything goes wrong , i have an external hdd would this work? and using what?

Associate
ye, used to be on OcUK for like £250-£270, now everywhere i look, cant find one less than £290 :( not looking to buy one till after christmas so, my options are still open :)

These are like treasurers now. Who would have thought the price of a netbook could actually go up in price.

I was looking around for one recently for my sister. Even on the e bay they tend to retain their value

Associate
These are like treasurers now. Who would have thought the price of a netbook could actually go up in price.

I was looking around for one recently for my sister. Even on the e bay they tend to retain their value

Aye, i really want one, they look great, and have exceptional reviews, shame they are stocked in most places in the UK, and if they are, they are worth around 25% more than what they used to be :(

Associate
Does anyone know a trick to make the built in microphone less sensitive on one of these? I'm using Audicity to record my band's rehearsals\jams and even with the Windows mixer mic input slider turned completely down it still distorts terribly. We've used (cheap) laptops in the past to do this and although not ideal, it didn't turn the recordings in to a weird, distorted mess.

I've tried using my external mic that I use without problem on my desktop, but it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a 500Gb Scorpio Black for mine for Christmas, can't install it yet though, my partner has wrapped it up.

EDIT: I have an old Liteon DVD RW I use, but older games are so cheap on Steam I've just repurchased some of my favourites.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom