HP Omen X35 curved, G-Sync, AMVA

Associate
Got my Omen in. Can say I am pretty darn impressed so far. Reminds me of an Eizo monitor. Build quality is great, as is the quality control on my sample. Zero defects so far, no dead/stuck pixels, height stays put at all settings, no paint peeling from stickers, 100 Hz rock steady right out of the box.

Will post a summary after a day or two of gaming.

Associate
TFTCentral review of the AOC version is up.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc_agon_ag352ucg.htm#panel

Pretty much mirrors what I am seeing with the Omen on viewing angles, motion clarity, BLB etc. Although, mine doesn't appear to have as dark of a top left corner.

It is interesting that if you remove some minor black to grey transitions, TFTCentral came up with an average GTG of 6.6ms. That would actually put it faster than the IPS 21:9 monitors. I have also semi-confirmed this, as I am getting an average of about 8ms on the MPRT test. This is faster than the Samsung CF791 and the 21:9 IPS displays. Through extensive testing, I would only recommend the setting of Level 3 (default) response time. This seems to have the best overall response under the most transitions.

The build quality on the Omen is definitely on the higher end. Use of anodized aluminum and other features such as a minimalist style thin bezel and an industrial rear housing greatly appeal to me.

My display has zero pixel issues, minimal back-light bleed (almost identical to TFT's picture), runs 100 Hz stable with G-Sync and zero physical or cosmetic flaws. I would rate it a 9 out of 10, just slightly ahead of the 21:9 IPS competition. If you have an AMD GPU, the CF791 would be the best buy.

Associate
That 4k hdr asus looks like it'll be absolutely stunning. I just wish there was a 32"+ version on the cards. I'm on xb271hu right now which is great but I'd rather have more real estate which makes the omen an obvious choice!

Yep, a 32" would be great. Still torn between a 32" 4K or 34" UW at the moment...

Man of Honour
so apparently this monitor and the aoc both generate flickering when gsync is enabled. rip.

i assume you're referring to occasional flicker seen when transitioning through menus? this is what Vega posted on Oc.net about it which covers it nicely:

"All G-Sync displays will flicker in some loading/menu screens that drop to low FPS (by design). This is a side affect of the G-Sync chip and transitioning in and out of G-Sync mode at low FPS.

There should be no flicker in normal gaming above 30 FPS or on the desktop."

Associate
Anymore information on a release date for the Omen in the UK? It just seems the better option than taking a plunge on getting an Acer right now; I'm not interested in a return cycle!

Associate
Anymore information on a release date for the Omen in the UK? It just seems the better option than taking a plunge on getting an Acer right now; I'm not interested in a return cycle!

I've tried to contact HP multiple times and they will not respond. I don't think we will be seeing it for a while unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom