*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
1yr (mine displays 4 months left on the HP site).

After that you’ll have to argue consumer rights stuff… not exactly sure what the rules are regarding minimum warranty periods etc now we left the EU - need to check up on that.

The new box has a power switch so you wouldn’t need the USB hub as an off switch.

Random blue screen could be cable, could be something else but either way it’s not normal!

Soldato
well i've just phoned up, pretty painless and I'm on backorder for a new cable. I described the flashing blue screen/ display cutting out issue, a few other questions about drivers etc and that was it!

Do you have to send the old cable back when new one arrives?

Associate
I think you could probably be frank with them and say after the last cable's issues you want to hang onto the spare, albeit dodgy spare, in case the new one also develops an issue later. I'd be surprised if they follow up tbh.

Associate
Anyone received the new cable and had chance to see if it totally fixes x570 USB problems?
I’ve been getting into Flight sims in VR a lot more lately so thinking about a G2 as an upgrade over my Quest 2 again. From what I’ve read it’s actually easier to get higher framerates due to not having to deal with USB compression, i.e. upping bitrate & SS to compensate

Soldato
Anyone received the new cable and had chance to see if it totally fixes x570 USB problems?
I’ve been getting into Flight sims in VR a lot more lately so thinking about a G2 as an upgrade over my Quest 2 again. From what I’ve read it’s actually easier to get higher framerates due to not having to deal with USB compression, i.e. upping bitrate & SS to compensate
Same here the compression artifacts on the Quest 2 when using the link cable is getting on my nerves. Question is do I get a G2 or an index or wait for index 2?

Soldato
Same here the compression artifacts on the Quest 2 when using the link cable is getting on my nerves. Question is do I get a G2 or an index or wait for index 2?

Have you tried setting the "encode bitrate" to 500 and set the "encode dynamic bitrate" to disable in the Oculus debug tool?

Soldato
Yeah tried that, might try a different usb socket.
Does odt need to open to work or is it a set once and forgot thing.

A lot of people forget to restart the service after making the changes. When you change both values in the Debug tool, go to the services menu at the top and select restart oculus service. When the service has restarted then start the Oculus App. Then you can close the debug tool. Settings should stick after that.

If you made the changes without restarting the service, nothing visually would have changed.

Associate
Index 2 is anyone's guess, imho its a year or more away but it could be a HL3 all we really know are more patents coming through from Valve
G2 & PiMax best for sims
Index best for standing FPS VR
VP2 best all round but at a cost, Varjo - VR3 if cost is no object
Quest 2 best for budget, could be trumped by Decagear in 6months

Them's ur choices, you could compromise on something until we get an Index 2

Back
Top Bottom