*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
have you dabbled with your lighting......... too bright and it will play havoc. unfortunately WMR tracking is way more sensitive to lighting than oculus insight tracking. it is either that or you have a fault.

the G2 controller tracking isnt as good as oculus inside out, but equally it isnt that far off either, its certainly not as bad as you are experiencing, and most reports i have read with similar issues ultmately came down to too bright lights or something like a giant mirror or window causing problems.

Associate
Thanks for the reply mate. It's relatively dull in this room but I tried with curtains closed, open, turned my chair in all directions.
If it were just tracking issues then I think perhaps changing the ambience would help but the connection problems themselves seem too severe to be anything other than a problem.

Soldato
Cool are you getting a replacement or a refund?!I hope it has not put you off vr in general. If you just want an "easy" solution and you have given up on the G2 consider the quest 2 it does not have the sound of the G2 and the image is not as good (still pretty good mind) but IME so long as you have a good usb cable it just works.

I have both a G2 and a Q2 and both have their place. If I could only have one however it would be the quest 2

Associate
I've asked for a refund with the intention of getting the Quest 2. The HP agent seemed to doubt me when I said the controllers came with the headset. He seemed to think they came separate which they most certainly didn't.
He sent an email to me which I had to reply to and attach my invoice. I wrote a brief explanation of my troubles and requested a refund.

In all honesty when you experience these problems from new it makes you wonder what may happen further down the line. I have now put everything back in the box it came in and it shall never see the light of day again in this place.
The place where the parts are returned to is only a 15 minute drive from me but even better is they use UPS and there is a collection point just 60 yards away.;)

Associate
I have received another email from HP with a DOA certificate attached.
I'm being told to send it to the HP reseller who will organise for it to be collected, they will test it and if found faulty, replace it.

I never bought it from a reseller. I bought it from the HP Store. Clearly said that I never wanted it replaced but wanted a refund. Every agent I've spoken to appears to be Indian so I'm guessing that is where the call centre is located.
Don't know how they can get it so wrong especially as I did this in the form of an email.
Best thing probably would be to email the HP Store and attach the certificate and a copy of the email I sent to Support.

Not only are these difficult to get hold off, they're also difficult to get rid off. :cry:

Associate
Just to cap off my unfortunate experience with the Reverb G2. I received an email from the HP Store this morning confirming that they will be refunding me.
Parcelforce are picking it up on the 8th and the funds will then be deposited back into my account.

Apart from my last conversation with Support I must say that I found the rest of my contact with them a fairly pleasant experience and replies were extremely quick.
I realise that my experience is just one of those things that can happen and although I am opting for a Quest 2 now, I may well get another Reverb G2 in the future. Of course there may be something else even better by then. :)

Soldato
Just to cap off my unfortunate experience with the Reverb G2. I received an email from the HP Store this morning confirming that they will be refunding me.
Parcelforce are picking it up on the 8th and the funds will then be deposited back into my account.

Apart from my last conversation with Support I must say that I found the rest of my contact with them a fairly pleasant experience and replies were extremely quick.
I realise that my experience is just one of those things that can happen and although I am opting for a Quest 2 now, I may well get another Reverb G2 in the future. Of course there may be something else even better by then. :)

Hope your Quest 2 experience is better.

Associate
I am considering to purchase the reverb 2 for sim racing only. Asseto Corsa normal edition. Anyone here using it for purely that on a decent frame rate with over 2K res.
I once used 3d glasses on nvidia over 10 years ago at a freinds house . can remember getting abit cross eyes pain.

Is VR different in that it can support more FPS and is more FPS = less eye strain

Soldato
OP
I am considering to purchase the reverb 2 for sim racing only. Asseto Corsa normal edition. Anyone here using it for purely that on a decent frame rate with over 2K res.
I once used 3d glasses on nvidia over 10 years ago at a freinds house . can remember getting abit cross eyes pain.

Is VR different in that it can support more FPS and is more FPS = less eye strain

Assetto Corsa runs pretty well in VR I find, even on my older GTX1080. You obviously have to knock some settings down to get good frame rates but not so low to make the game look bad..

For me it absolutely transforms the sim racing experience, its unbelievable.

Associate
Is there anywhere to try it? I am in South Yorkshire.
I went all the way to Hull to try the 3-D glasses setup lol

Also with a 1080i what resolution are you running it at?

Associate
Sheffield ; ive got a rig on sale on ebay. funds from that and my watercooling setup will be used build a full 4dof one but this time incoperating it with VR if it doesnt screw with my brain.

Back
Top Bottom