*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Motion rigs generally make VR less screwy for those that suffer from it… assuming you get them set up reasonably well.

While I’ve never suffered from it personally, a friend of mine that felt really sick after mere minutes of driving in VR recently came and tried my motion rig - he was still trucking a good 45mins later… several other friends that suffered mild nausea prior to the motion platform have commented how much better it is since I built the motion rig.

So if you suffer at all from VR nausea, it’s a good excuse to build a rig!

VR and motion platforms are a match made in heaven if you ask me... The VR makes the motion much more effective and believable, with even small movements feeling much more substantial when in the headset. Meanwhile the motion gives your brain the right nudges to get the vestibular system agreeing better with the visual reference and avoiding the heated argument between different senses that causes motion sickness.

Last edited:
Soldato
Located down at LE67, from Sheffield that's just over an hour on a good day via the M1/A42.

Totally up to you, you're call. Next weekend would be better, but i'm good for a couple of hours in the evening in the week between 7 and 9.

Associate
Thats sound. Half hour will do because will be driving back and don't want any brain malfunction.
Appreciate it, because it will give me a feel what to expect and how to design the rig , mounting sensor etc.

Ive got a triple setup at present . will be good to see how it fairs against it.

Soldato
Everything: AC/ACC/AMS2/PCars series.

Only RF2, and I-Racing i'm missing. Tried RF2 and had a nightmare with it, I-Racing i can't pay for giving limited time due to work.

Soldato
HP are really going for it wanting their old cable back. I am not even deliberately holding on to it but I have been snowed under and away from home for some of it as well. Think I have had 3 emails now asking why it has not turned up!

Soldato
DO THEY FIT THE HP?

i think this is getting confusing, may be best to move the quest specific chat to the quest 2 thread.....

i own the Reverb G2 and i would say it is highly unlikely you would want to touch the headstrap which comes with it, number 1 it is pretty good and number 2 the headphones are built into it... the chances of finding a replacement G2 head mount which is as good and as comfy as the supplied ones AND have sound as good is slim to none.

the only thing you need to replace imo as a G2 owner is the face gasket, and you can either run without one entirely and use a VR cover cushion (i use one for the odyssey but you can i believe use others) or you can buy a thinner 3d printed face plate if you still want to use one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine is diy https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/34923880

What didn’t you like about the Quest 2 in particular?

well the dead pixel didn't help for starters :D I think the head strap (had the elite) was the biggest factor, and since I had to send it back anyway I didn't try any others. I absolutely loved the PSVR I had back in the day, so maybe trying a halo strap would have helped.

Not sure I'll try another one though, I'll either try a G2 or wait for whatever comes next (he says :D)

Back
Top Bottom