***HTC Magic Thread***

Is there anyway to tether or share the internet connection of the phone with a laptop without rooting? Is there an app or other method?

To answer my own question yes it can be done using a USB cable and this:

http://www.junefabrics.com/android/index.php

Just tried it. Took 3-4mins to install on my pc, one or two settings changes and away we go! Brilliant. There is a free trial and the full version is $29... might just be worth it.

Thinking about getting one of these on Vodafone after crimbo

500 texts, 100 mins and unlimited e-mail/web access £25p/m

just wondering is it worth it?

I've not really had a nice phone but since 3g has become cheaper and I like the look and features I'm really considering it.

are their any issues with it?

mainly looking for a phone with Unlimited web access, 300txt/100min and some nice features.

Thinking about getting one of these on Vodafone after crimbo

500 texts, 100 mins and unlimited e-mail/web access £25p/m

just wondering is it worth it?

I've not really had a nice phone but since 3g has become cheaper and I like the look and features I'm really considering it.

are their any issues with it?

mainly looking for a phone with Unlimited web access, 300txt/100min and some nice features.

Keep in mind that the android platform will keep improving and as such the handsets will continue to be more capable. The much anticipated Sony Xperia X3/X10/X??? whatever the heck its called is on the horizon.

However to answer your question, the only issues that I've personally experienced with the Magic are the battery cover/rear casing has a crack in it around the camera area, it is not a large crack ( approx 1cm long ) and its not completely thru the casing. It in no way affects the phones performance and is, actually, a complete non-issue for me.

As for the phone's performance, its quite simply amazing. It does everything I ever hoped a 'smart' phone would do and then some. I wont get into listing apps since that kind of info is readily available ( www.cyrket.com ).

As far as the web browsing is concerned, on my handset running cyanogen 4.1.11.1, it is a revelation. At work I have no 3G at all however I regularly spend time on the net and have even ordered books/accessories, ordered tickets for events, set up appointments.

Anyway long story ( kinda ) short, the Magic is a great piece of kit, you wont regret it.:)

Flashed to 4.1.9999 last weekend, had a couple of reboots, the Google apps were broken so flashed to a near-stock Donut .rom and everything's running like a dream now. Very quick and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom