***HTC Magic Thread***

yep. followd the guide in cyanogens thread on xdadevs.....

Cant explain it at all.

edit

been reading some negative comments re the battery life on the old magic just to balance it out I thought i would point out that my particular Magic came off charge on Friday morning at approx 6am, it had 1 hour of usb juice yesterday during my abortive attempt to update to latest cyanogen rom and the current battery level is 51%

Last edited:
Yey, finally got one! :D

New in box for £170, very happy with that price!

Been playing with it non stop, seems very good! Typing is a bit of a pain when the phone is vertical, but horizontal is fine!

Bonus, my wee sd card from my nokia works in it (no idea what class tho), so hello instant 8gb :)

10102009090.jpg

Gonna proper investigate how to put other roms on it, Cyanogen :) But not really sure what im doing lol At least i know its a 32B phone, like most id imagine!

It's not hard at all unless you have chubby fingers? :p

Also, turn on autocomplete, it detects many mistypes and corrects them. It's not half assed like some phones.

It's not hard at all unless you have chubby fingers? :p

Also, turn on autocomplete, it detects many mistypes and corrects them. It's not half assed like some phones.

Nahh i have tiny wee fingers, dainty hands lol

Just me trying to be too quick with it i guess... fine horizontal :)

Not having much rooting luck, too many guides out there, dunno what ones are outdated or not lol

Didn't want to start a whole new thread on this so thought i'd ask in here. Has anyone else been charged an overseas transaction fee when buying from the market? I bought 2 applications (taskiller & mybackup pro) which I think were set prices in USD and i've been charged an extra £1.25 by abbey for each purchase as an overseas transaction fee!

Pretty irritating having to pay £1.25 when taskiller only cost me £0.67.

Not me but I'm on Cyan still!

You may need to wipe I think though as you went from 1.5 to 1.6 and Cyan's roms were best used after a wipe on apps like this.

Works fine on Cyan''s 1.6 - pretty swish too!

I think Cyan's one is a bit different though, maybe has updated components.

I will pull down the voice .apk through ADP tonight and upload it for you to test to see if that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom