***HTC Magic Thread***

The only risk is that your phone may become the world's most expensive paperweight but even then the guys at XDADevs have ways to recover it.

The benefits are that it allows you to do many new awesome things, just browse the last few pages of this thread to see some of those things.

Since you're running 1.6 Donut you'll have to flash the phone back to 1.5 Cupcake. MarcLister posted a link to the instructions to do it when he was being a pussy and not rooting.

I'll dig it up.

The info starts near the top on this page. Read through it all and try and get some kind of understanding of what you are going to do.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17999796&page=31

AFAIK no one here has had to flash back to 1.5 from 1.6 to root their phone so you may well be OCUK's Guinea Pig.

Also DO NOT use any files from that thread you posted. That's for the 32A version and yours should be 32B. If you used those files your phone may be more buggered than Elton John at a rent boy convention.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was just thinking. Eventually we're all going to have to upgrade form the Magic and once we do we'll lose all our Cyanogen goodness. I know there are other modders out there but I'm not sure I would want to faff about with other people rom's now.

What I may do, subject to liking the phone, is get the same model of newer Android phone that Cyanogen moves onto. I couldn't imagine ever being back on a stock Android OS.

I must keep a balance of usefulness and randomness Tony :p

As for the above....Cyanogen will make the roms compatible with next gen phones too don't worry ;)

Oh yeah, add me if you want too although I'm usually away from the desktop but since I now have a netbook again finally I will probably catch messages as and when I log in :p

Back
Top Bottom