***HTC Magic Thread***

I've not done the flashing from 1.6 to 1.5 so unless someone else here has done it and offers advice you're on your own for that part.

These are the files you'll need

The 1.5 Cupcake file

This version of flashrec since MarcLister had trouble with the latest version

This is the file that puts Googles apps onto you phone before you flash CyanogenMod 4.2.5

This is CyanogenMod 4.2.5

This is a zip file containing all the ringtones you won't have after installing Cyanogen

When MarcLister did his, but from 1.5 so he didn't need to downgrade, I advised him to start on Step 10 in the Downgrading to 1.5 part from that page you've linked to but you'll need to do the lot.

Obviously you can ignore the downloading part on that page as you have the links here. When you then go onto the Flash Android 1.6 & CyanogenMod 4.2.x/4.1.99+ don't do step 1 or 2 but start with doing a NANDROID backup then go on to step 3 as you'll already be in recovery mode.

Last edited:
Yeah did the following:

Format your SD card to FAT32
Windows: Right-click on SD icon and select format
Mac users: Start Disk Utility, Partition the card
Linux: Use gparted (it's in the repositories of your favorite distro)
Copy the COC10 build (sappimg.nbh) file (and no others!!) to your SD card.
Shut down your phone.
Reboot into fastboot by holding Volume Down + Power (you should see three Androids on skateboards)
Follow the on-screen instructions to flash the image. On some handsets it may require pressing the action button (trackball), while on others it may require pressing the power button.
Reboot when phone is done updating. You now have the one-click vulnerable version of the firmware.

I have no doubt about that video as I used info from another of his video's to help me when I rooted mine originally.

One thing though.

In that video he downloads the Rogers version of the file on screen. THAT IS NOT FOR YOUR PHONE. You'd need the Vodafone one linked right below. I know thats probably obvious but I'd rather say it than not.

Back
Top Bottom