***HTC Magic Thread***

Edit*

Scratch that, was a scammer, I could smell "stacy" a mile off.

Going to keep it instead and install the JET FUEL powered 4.1.9.2 cyanogen rom perhaps instead :p

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a decent screen protector? I've tried a few but they all feel awful to type on in comparison with the screen

No Competitor hinting!. I would PM you the link, since I can't post it here but I can't see anyway to Pm someone on these forums. I may be missing the obvious so I'll keep looking.

Anyway the one I got from said Competitor is fine for me.

Hope this doesn't transgress the forum rules in anyway. I am trying to be helpful without ****ing off the mods :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Using Cyanogen's roms causes Toggle Settings app to load very slowly causing 2 messages at boot saying it's not responding but clicking wait 2 times loads it up eventually.

I've not uninstalled it and installed some nice new widgets and status bar apps, the status ones are to toggle 2g/3g and wifi so I can switch networks on the fly without going to homescreen which is handy:

android_statusbar.png

When you enable wifi via the status bar in that app it asks if you want to view available networks or not, very handy if you just want to turn it on and have saved networks etc.

The volume sliders are widget based now on the home screen (last screen) as is Bluetooth, GPS and Autosync on/off.

Niceness!

4.0.4 is fast indeed, I turned animations off and it's snappier still but I cannot wait until the experimental rom goes stable, want to see what the new BFS stuff is all about!

Cool! I was just about to tell you to take your 'Hero' ramblings into another thread but the Magic love is welcome! Keep up the good work... rooting mine is getting close... i'm getting bored with it.... eek!

I'm hoping that by the next experimental rom release than current stable will get updated too with the new enhancements because everyone is shouting about how fast the new roms are but I don't want to install experimental ones as it requires a wipe - rather an update!

4.0.4 is fast indeed, I turned animations off and it's snappier still but I cannot wait until the experimental rom goes stable, want to see what the new BFS stuff is all about!

Amen to that, still can't believe how snappy 4.04 is! Even with all my apps and a few widgets installed it runs very nicely.

Yes, with Wireless Tether you can enable internet connectivity over Bluetooth or Wifi for an active 2G/3G connection.

You need to have rooted the phone though.

Wireless tether:

Shame I sold my NC10 early else I could have made use of this tomorrow on a 2.5hr drive as I'm the passenger!

Back
Top Bottom