***HTC Magic Thread***

I have no idea what you mean, I never formatted anything, just put zip on SD, booted into recovery and clicked update from any zip file and chose the zip file!

ok i'll try skipping the format step and see what happens that way.

cheers

the formatting is only needed if you want to store apps on sd card, I found it troublesome so didn't bother and reverted back although my formatting and ext4 enabling was done via a linux boot disc!

nope.. failed again. This time i got a message saying E: Can't open recovery/ or some other such message.. i missed it all is i hit reboot

Here are pictures of the blue Epik cover I got. You can see the clear one in the pictures aswell.

SS102406a.jpg

SS102405a.jpg

GF is prolly going to have it, I'm going to order black, red and a blue one tomorrow as I want to see what they are like aswell. Only a few quid so its nothing major and decide which one I'll use. :)

The dock hasn;t come yet though. :(

quality.. it worked.

Just need to set up the APN settings now.. but it wont let me access the apn menu. HA.

cheers for the link tho.. worked a treat

edit... sorted

Last edited:
This is why I never wanted the iPhone (I have an iTouch though and that also helped me not wanting one). It's too tightly controlled but google actually code apps so they work with rooted/modded Android devices.

I just need to summon the courage to root my damn magic.

Quick question. When Donut is released, will all the modding you lot are doing be null and void until the coders create modified roms based on the donut code?

If so I shall root mine when Donut is out and the coders have done their thing.

Well it will be as is now, Cyanogen will update the core code with donut code like he's bee doing with the experimental builds so we'll always have donut as well as the modded bits - basically one step ahead :)

Icing on the cake :)

Ok I get ma coat...

hi guys. I'm paying a tenner a month for insurance for my magic,

i was just thinking if that's the going rate. or can i get it cheaper.

I'm currently with vodafone.

Bugger!

Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!

I knocked my coffee over and obviosuly it went right over my phone, managed to get it dry and seems to be ok!...the pouch is ruined though, its all wet and horrible inside, grrr - Can I get a replacement?

Cant believe I have a coffee flavoured phone! bah - At least it still works!!! :S

I have a spare official white pouch. What can you offer me as a trade?

Back
Top Bottom