HTC Vive

Soldato
If they keep punting out high end units it won't help PC VR at all.

They need to lower the cost to bring in the masses. Wether it's lower manufacturing costs or a lower spec HMD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Heads up; Google Earth VR now available through steam. Quite impressive.

Vive exclusive too :eek:

edit:CrossVR has now removed the hardware check

Just popped on /r/oculus to see about this and by god there are right mentalists on that subreddit, worse than the graphics forums here :D

Last edited:
Associate
It's a bit strange that Google forced a check on the hardware rather than just allow any SteamVR-compatible device to work (although given the hodgepodge of VR peripherals out there that may or may not work properly, perhaps understandable to protect the end-user experience).

Ah well, I'm not complaining - can't wait to try this out tonight! :)

Associate
just tried google earth and it's fantastic, was only expecting a few featured places but works everywhere *not checked the entire globe yet :)

Associate
Anyone tried out the async reprojection in the latest SteamVR yet?

Gave it a go last night and I have to say I think it makes the experience worse (jerky animation, slowdowns and lag). Will need to do some more comparative testing.

Associate
Anyone tried out the async reprojection in the latest SteamVR yet?

Gave it a go last night and I have to say I think it makes the experience worse (jerky animation, slowdowns and lag). Will need to do some more comparative testing.

Do you have both allow asynchronous reprojection and allow interleaved reprojection on in the settings? If so turn off interleaved reprojection.

Associate
Hello. I wondered if anyone could help me. I'm having really bad tracking issues with my vive. If the headsets not losing tracking the controllers do. I've uninstalled software and drivers multiple times. It only ever seems to work on first set up when I install the software. As soon as I restart my pc I get the issues. Just wondering if it's the USB ports on my motherboard I've tried all of them. My motherboards an ASUS RVE 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
Hello. I wondered if anyone could help me. I'm having really bad tracking issues with my vive. If the headsets not losing tracking the controllers do. I've uninstalled software and drivers multiple times. It only ever seems to work on first set up when I install the software. As soon as I restart my pc I get the issues. Just wondering if it's the USB ports on my motherboard I've tried all of them. My motherboards an ASUS RVE 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Turn the camera off. And read through this thread for other ideas.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18762201

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom