Huawei mate 10

Caporegime
The Pro looks nicer, but it's an SE in terms of specs vs the no Pro. It's basically a 320D M Sport on the outside, but SE on the inside :/

Or every S-Line Audi :D
I'm not sure I agree. The Pro loses a touch of PPI/DPI, the headphone jack, and the SD card slot (un-needed for most people if you already have 128GB of internal storage). But the Pro gains the 18:9 display ratio (as well as being AMOLED rather than IPS), IP67, a better positioned fingerprint sensor, and better aesthetics/dimensions. The "bits that matter", ie the chipsets, are identical.

It's more like comparing an almost fully loaded Passat with a fully loaded L&K Octavia. 99% the same, one looks better.

Soldato
My girlfriend also upgraded to a P10 and as you say, a very good phone indeed.

I keep looking on YouTube for a decent Mate 10 Pro video, especially as it's been a couple of days since launch now but all there really seem to be are dull unboxing videos.
I don't see the fascination with them at all. Oh look, a phone! What's next? A charger and some cheap headphones! Amazing. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
IM torn between getting this on a retention deal on Vodaphone whcih will make it pretty cheap. Or if to buy the HTC U11 outright, the U11 will cost me more but offers more in return.

Associate
I had a Huawei P8 as my last phone, the camera was very good as was the phone generally.

Some dislike the emotion ui, I actually prefer it over my current Samsung. As someone else said updates are glacier slow is all.

I am actually considering selling my current Samsung for a Huawei Mate 9!

Soldato
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it. Have you gone for the Pro?

I'm having a hard time deciding between this, the LG V30 and Pixel 2XL.

Indeed. I wanted blue but CPW seem to have gone for the pick any colour as long as it's grey option.

I had high hopes for the Pixel 2 but those side bezels are something else.
As for the V30, I just couldn't get excited about it.

The only other phone I've seen that looks nice is the HTC U11+ or whatever it's called but having previously owned many HTC handsets, I found that they build unreliability in as standard and then follow it up with terrible service.

That company will never see a penny more of my money.

Anyway, I'll report back once it's set up.

Soldato
Ok, some brief notes that I've just written to one of my mates...

Screen... Great so far. I've got it set to auto which seems ok. Will test it in sunlight another time. Was in bed with a headache for most of this afternoon so didn't do much with it.

Sound. Not sure to be honest. Seems the 6P has a warmer sound but this seems louder. Jury is still out though.

Feel. I've put the supplied case on for now. It's a lovely phone to hold though.
The dimensions are great as are the bezels... Quite different to how it appears in pictures.

Bloat... I've yet to find any to be honest. Hated the dock it had, so Nova went straight on as did a different set of icons as Android 8s icons are poor.

Battery seems to be great. Unplugged it hours ago and although it hasn't been on a network (used the 6P until the Mate was ready to go), it has been on WiFi downloading, setting things up etc.

Storage... Quick! My 6P was reluctant to carry out tasks when apps were updating. This just gets on with it.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
A friend has a Huawei unsure of model but about a year old. Nice premium feel and camera is frankly staggering given the price point although the fake bokeh if used incorrectly can ruin shots.

Back
Top Bottom