Huawei mate 10

Associate
Well, I did it.

Sent the Note 8 out for return and ordered in a Pro. I just couldn't justify keeping the Note 8 without being able to get a full days charge from it.

I think you'll enjoy the experience. EMUI does look a bit like a iOS copy but it subsides after a few hours. Hopefully you'll be on the newer update which fixes most of the issues I had. Either way battery life is a joy

Permabanned
I think you'll enjoy the experience. EMUI does look a bit like a iOS copy but it subsides after a few hours. Hopefully you'll be on the newer update which fixes most of the issues I had. Either way battery life is a joy

Tbf, anything that's not stock android has only lasted about a week before it's changed for Nova Launcher. I'm just looking forward to not having to turn cool features of for fear of battery drain...

Associate
Tbf, anything that's not stock android has only lasted about a week before it's changed for Nova Launcher. I'm just looking forward to not having to turn cool features of for fear of battery drain...

Oh yeah I meant the notification bar, settings icons etc. Nova is a must on all my phones.

The stock launcher is GHASTLY. Had this horrible golden theme that wouldn't look out of place on a Goldust fan's phone lol

Permabanned
Well got home, excitedly unboxed the phone and... Zero charge...

Thought perhaps I'd been sent a faulty model. Plugged it in and after 10 minutes of nothing but a flashing red led indicator I've now got a solid red one...

Gonna leave it for half an hour and see what's happening then. First time I've ever received a device with zero charge out the box :/

Associate
Well got home, excitedly unboxed the phone and... Zero charge...

Thought perhaps I'd been sent a faulty model. Plugged it in and after 10 minutes of nothing but a flashing red led indicator I've now got a solid red one...

Gonna leave it for half an hour and see what's happening then. First time I've ever received a device with zero charge out the box :/

Same. Mine was also FREEZING it was so so cold. Felt like the phone had been stored in a freezer. It did come on after leaving it to charge for a bit

Permabanned
All sorted guys! Thanks for the feedback :)

First impressions are I'm not a fan of that proprietary UI at all. Usually a week or two before I resort to Nova Launcher but went straight to the playstore this time round.

The bloatware is aplenty too! You guys rocking a disabler to clear out some of the hidden stuff?

Overall, love the rest of the setup so far. Images aren't quite as poppy as they are on the Note 8 but that's to be expected. Nice and snappy, relatively clean settings menu, if not a little IOS inspired, as you guys mentioned.

Soldato
I've just hidden most of the pre installed apps via nova launcher. Luckily they aren't that intrusive or performance sapping so I just left them hidden.

By images do you mean the general screen contrast? You can bump the display colours to vivid under display settings

Associate
I didn't bother with any disablers, that's more of a Samsung thing to be honest. Long press on apps you don't want/use. Most of them can be uninstalled or disabled. And yeah, told you the stock launcher has a horrid UI lol

Permabanned
Ahh dammit, just outside the order window I think :(

Have any of you guys noticed a bit of auto brightness/screen difference when changing between some apps? Might just be me, but I swear the contrast or something is changing at times.

Associate
I think I'll move mine on and move to a Pixel 2. Not wholly impressed with the camera still and my little hands would prefer the smaller phone size that I'm used to anyway.

Excellent phone in general. Speed is superb, battery life is outstanding. I'd still highly recommend it.

Associate
Ahh dammit, just outside the order window I think :(

Have any of you guys noticed a bit of auto brightness/screen difference when changing between some apps? Might just be me, but I swear the contrast or something is changing at times.

Typical Huawei nonsense unfortunately

https://forums.androidcentral.com/h...rightness-changes-when-opening-some-apps.html
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-10/help/brightness-automatically-reduced-apps-t3697589

apparently going to be fixed whenever they get around to updating to 8.1 - It was one of the smaller things that annoyed me about the phone though.

Permabanned
Ahhh that's unfortunate. Still, least they've acknowledged it.

Can't believe the battery on this thing. Didn't think any other big flagship could best my OP5...

Back
Top Bottom