1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huel: The Future of Food ..

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Warbie, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Vargas

Mobster

What have they done to 2.3? Anybody else thinks it’s changed?

2. Razor-BladE

Mobster

I've tried berry a few times now. It's very gritty/powdery and doesn't taste great if you have it straight after mixing. You need to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours imo, unlike original where the taste and texture is fine straight after mixing.
    It's sweeter than original, but it's not overpowering. It's a good addition I think.

3. JunglistE

Mobster

Yeah I'm on my second berry - it's OK but I wish i got 1 bag of Berry and another of Vanilla. It's not offensive and i find even in a blender with some ice it is still a bit gritty but it's pleasant enough

4. Vargas

Mobster

Got 2 bags of Whole Fuel from My Protein. Costs a lot less, will try it tonight.

I loved Huel until 2.3.

5. Shimmyhill

Mobster

I’ve been away a couple of days so had Huel in the morning in the shaker - the blender makes it so much better texture wise but the real killer has been Luke warm bottled water to mix it with!

I’ve found 2 scoops of unflavored with 1 scoop of vanilla plus some frozen fruit is the sweet spot for me - I will go as far as saying I enjoy it every morning and this is longest run of having breakfast every day in 20 years!

6. Warbie

Soldato

Totally! Everyone I know who's tried Huel and not liked it either weren't blending or weren't drinking it cold. Miss either and it verges on unpalatable.

7. Lakeland

Mobster

Can it be pre-made overnight and kept in the fridge for the morning after?

8. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Yes, I wouldn't leave it in the fridge for days on end but I often make mine the night before to take into work as my first meal on day shifts or make it when I get up late afternoon and have it at work at 6am when I'm on nights.

9. Lakeland

Mobster

Cheers! I’m a zombie in the morning so the less I have to do the better :D

10. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

If anything it seems to thicken up a bit if left in the fridge for a few hours so it's better to not drink it straight away.

11. Converge

Mobster

12. explicit4u

Sgarrista

13. shroomz

Wise Guy

I really like the berry flavour, they've nailed it for me

14. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

15. shroomz

Wise Guy

Too bad the article is riddled with typos, I'd have had that sent back to me in secondary school with "resubmit" at the top.

16. Lakeland

Mobster

You wouldn’t get away with it in primary either!

17. robj20

Soldato

18. explicit4u

Sgarrista

Just make sure you can fart in peace

19. Bloodrayne

Gangster

Okay - I am thinking about giving this a go, but I'd only want to use it for breakfast and lunch (which are fairly routine bland meals for me) and then probably only for breakfast at weekends - is it worthwhile? Does it depend on what I want to get from it? Essentially, what I want is a quick and easy meal replacement, not too concerned about there being any additional benefits beyond that, but thought it worth checking if it would likely cause any digestion issues if used in such a way?

Thanks

20. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

IMO digestive issues are less apparent when you already have and are used to a healthy amount of fibre in your diet. It's never really given me wind in the same way something like beans have (which nobody digests very well).

Your case use is what most people do; replace 1-2 meals with something that'll give you most of your RDAs for macros (protein/carbs/fats) and micros (vitamins/minerals) in a quick/easy-to-prepare way that's easy to track in terms of calories and just leaving dinner as the one solid food meal to prepare.