1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huel: The Future of Food ..

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Warbie, Jan 20, 2016.

1. DanF

Mobster

still using it for morning meals only. I've been blending it as well to make it nice and smooth. 50% vanilla & 50% plain mix with some frozen fruit chucked in as well for some extra flavour. I eat anywhere from 60g to 2 x 70g in the morning/mid morning depending on how much cycling I've been doing. Lunch and dinner are just usual food for me.

2. Vargas

Mobster

I lasted a month. I could have went longer but my GF wanted us to go out to dinner with her family. I have 3 scoops for breakfast and 3 mid afternoon with some fruit in between. I have meat and veg for dinner.

3. Jokester

Don

Really enjoying the new version 2.3. That oaty aftertaste and graininess is gone. A lot smoother now.

4. IndigoGorilla

Wise Guy

Bought some myself last month and I'm enjoying it as a meal replacement for breakfast usually as I don't get up in time to cook or after training if I know I won't be home for an hour or two.

Whilst it's a bit thicker than the usual protein shakes I find it much better. On days off I'll mix it with strawberries and bananas in the morning too for a change.

5. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Nearly finished all of the Huel I got off Freefaller a while back, might use the last of it to see if I can make a giant bowl of fluff with some xanthan gum, crushed ice and several minutes with the electric whisk. One scoop of protein powder makes a pretty huge bowl of fluff so 100g of Huel... should be interesting.

6. Razor-BladE

Mobster

I've just recently tried the new vanilla flavour, and I much prefer the original vanilla. The original tastes more natural, whereas the new vanilla has an artificial taste to it.
    Anyone tried the new coffee flavour yet?

7. madindehead

Mobster

Coffee sounds interesting, but I'm not buying a whole bag without a tester! I need to get back to the Huel train. I was using it for breakfast for a while and it was great!

Is this the Cadbury's drinking chocolate you use? Does it work well with just water?

8. Cantankerous

Associate

It is indeed. Works fine for me but of course, your millage may vary. :) It's often on discount for a £1 pound off in super markets. My current mix is the Breville bottle, inch of water, the chocolate, whey, huel then I fill the rest of the bottle with water; quick blend and done.

9. madindehead

Mobster

Sounds good, thanks. I'll give it a try and see how it goes! Got some 2.3 arriving tomorrow hopefully.

10. Slam

Wise Guy

Anyone got a referral discount code available?

11. Razor-BladE

Mobster

I sent you mine by PM :)

12. Slam

Wise Guy

Got it - thank you!
    I guess I will get Huel 2.3 as I don't need the gluten free variant, the improved vanilla flavour because... well new and improved... plus the booster sample set because... it's half price.
    First time trying this regular food replacement stuff :)

13. Razor-BladE

Mobster

:)
    I actually prefer the Original over the new Vanilla because the new one, the vanilla flavour tastes a bit too articificial. Maybe get a bag of Original to compare.
    Haven't tried any of the flavour pouches so can't comment on those! But for £3 I might get it next batch.

14. madindehead

Mobster

I tried a lot of the flavour pouches and found them all to be too artificially sweet for my taste. Maybe it's just me though.

Really enjoying 2.3 with the Cadbury's powder. Its so much smoother than previous versions of Huel!

15. Brabbinho

Wise Guy

I don't mind the new vanilla, but then i havent tried the others yet to compare

16. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

Do you guys think it's safe to get a bag off Ebay to try? I'm reluctant to fork out £45+ on an order without giving it a try.

17. reiyushin

Soldato

They used to offer samples

18. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

Not anymore, which is a shame. I'll get myself a bag on Ebay to try out.

19. Paradiso

Wise Guy

Been using the unsweetened / gluten free version daily for over a year (although did started on original vanilla), just a 3 scoop shake for lunch blended with mocha flavour powder and frozen blueberries/strawberries with 300ml of Alpro unsweetened roasted almond milk. Starting now to go 2 meals day. Also use the Huel granola with frozen berries in half an Alpro plain pot, lovely.

The protein bars are nice but I stopped having them as the farts where really bad :D

Not really loosing a lot of weight because I cant help snacking at weekends but at least I'm eating a lot healthier than I was and getting my daily vitamins :)

20. Skeptic

Mobster

Anybody got a referral code they'd like me to use?! Cheers.