Hugh's Fish Fight.

Man of Honour
Yep, retarded policies knowen this for ages. Must be a better way, fishing seasons and gps fishing zones or something, get some marine biologists, fishermen, agencies on the case.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Bit of a price difference between Sea Bass and Mackerel!

Sardines are fantastic value for money.

Is this the episode where he looks at farmed Salmon?

Man of Honour
Sainsburys does mackerel at the fish counter and cheap, compared to salmon/cod

what's so stupid, is the quotes where set up to save fish, how does this fullfill the design requirements.

Last edited:
Don
Bit of a price difference between Sea Bass and Mackerel!

You can mass catch mackerel on lines, bass live by rocks so are much harder to fish on a massive scale, easiest way the fisherman do it in my village is either illegal tidal nets or harpooning.

The state of the sea just in my tiny little village is painfully obvious, when I used to go fishing there 30 years ago we would come back with 5-6 different species of fish and the ones we landed were the size of me. Nowadays the only fish we catch regularly is mackerel (lucky coz I love it!), sometimes the odd pollock and if I spend all day in the boat and with a massive amount of luck a few legal (42cm+) bass.

trawling has wrecked the seas around cornwall :(

Don
But quotas are damaging too.

You are just seeing the plight of the individual fisherman, and yes quotas severly restrict their livelihood, what we can't see now is the massively damaging over fishing that was taking place before we imposed these desperate measures to try and stop our fish stocks from being completely run dry. pair trawlers with nets so small (mesh) and so vast that in a couple of runs they would have enough fish to fill their boats 5 times over, they used to cherry pick the fish they wanted and just dump the dead infant fish. rinse repeat that across the entire industry and times it by 20 years and you can quickly see just how damaging we have been to the fish stocks of the world :(

Back
Top Bottom