Hull Fair 2008: Bungee Ride Rope Snapped!

Soldato
I was out last night with my girlfriend, enjoying the annual Hull Fair. This was my first time there and I had my camera out, snapping like a Japanese tourist. I somehow managed to bagged myself a "once in a life time, right place, right time" shots.

I wasn't really prepared for the accident but I did prepare my camera for "machine gun mode" as I know the ride was going to be fast. Just as I was ready to snap... the rope snap and my trigger finger went.

Here is a couple of internet pictures of how the ride is at normal operation:
561041690_79864e60a4.jpg

610x.jpg

Here's what happened:

Click on image for page to full 1800x1800 image
Essentially it depics what happened... picture 1, you see the ride ready and from picture 2 onwards, you'll see the ride isn't going as planned. Especially number 2, see where the redline is, there was rope flares everywhere~

If it wasn't for the metal caging, the 2 girls in the ride would have smacked straight into the left bar with flesh and bones. I was pleased to say that the girls were initially shocked but were smiling and giggling after the incident.

What a lucky escape~
(It could have been worst if BOTH the ropes went whilst they were up)

Needless to say, all those queuing behind quickly seek refunds.

What a lucky escape~
(It could have been worst if BOTH the ropes went whilst they were up)

Needless to say, all those queuing behind quickly seek refunds.

Wow! What a sight. And as you say, one can only imagine the chaos had the ropes snapped when it was fully up in the air. I can't believe the people on it where giggling. I'd be asking for some clean trousers and privacy.

Wow! What a sight. And as you say, one can only imagine the chaos had the ropes snapped when it was fully up in the air. I can't believe the people on it where giggling. I'd be asking for some clean trousers and privacy.

Id be asking for compo claiming I have wiplash , and for the fact that whenever I feel constipated , I just think of this and let loose :)

Back
Top Bottom