Hull Fair 2008: Bungee Ride Rope Snapped!

Here's the front page of Hull Daily Mail (Last Edition, Evening mail?)
Day_102_by_sillyporean.jpg

The reporter even made my quote of "every man and his dog crowd around the ride" when the accident happen. lol~

Edit: Notice the front page advertisement too, haha!

I wouldn't go on ANY ride in ANY travelling fair, to be honest.

My old man works for a tiny sheet metal works in Chesham, Bucks. They get a travelling fair visit there every summer, and the, uh, "travellers" often pop in to his works to get cheap repairs done on various items of fairground machinery. The condition of these rides is shocking. If you'd seen the things I've seen, you'd never go on a Wurlitzer again.

Nice pics, Colin - could be the beginnings of a career there?

Nice pics, Colin - could be the beginnings of a career there?

Photography is only a hobby for me, maybe part time freelance if there is an opening wanting me but I'm happy working towards a scientific degree (and beyond) than snapping accidents for newpapers :p

I was only lucky.

Great photos, and even more props for snapping them when it happened. Most normal people tend to stand with their jaws on the floor. :)

Missed my chance (and the whole of the office for that matter), when a tornado struck Derby right outside our window. We're on the top floor of the block and the tornado was 50-yards away at one point. Yet, despite the fact the whole office is littered with mobiles and handhelds with cameras, no-one video'd it. *smacks head*

Hmm... after actually reading the news, I think the reported misquote / misinterpreted my meaning of the girls were laughing and giggling - it was when they were still dangling up in the ride... not when they're down and realise what the actually happened.

Meh, new reporters eh?:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom