Humble Choice

Soldato

Humble Monthly is changing to Humble Choice. Each month Humble publish a list of games to choose from and you pick the ones you want, all revealed up-front. Replacing the existing $12/month subscription are 3 new tiers:
  • Lite - No "Choice" games included, but you get Humble Trove access, 10% store discount, and access to some Humble published games and betas. $4.99/month.
  • Basic - As above, plus 3 "Choice" games and full access to Humble published games and betas. $14.99/month.
  • Premium - As above, but 9 "Choice" games and 20% store discount. $19.99/month.
Existing subscribers get access to a fourth, limited tier if they sign up before the end of this month (i.e. buy the current Humble Monthly) .
  • Classic - Same as the Premium tier, but with 10 "Choice" games. Same price as the current subscription, at $12.99/month. This tier ends permanently if you end your subscription.
Seems worth a punt on the Classic tier.

Associate
Having never subscribed to it before, I e decided to take the punt because of a) I fancy Cod WW2 and b) the classic tier saving seems like a no brainer.

Although with Game Pass and my existing Steam library I'll never have time to play anything :D

Associate
I think there was a tool a long time ago (maybe it still exists) where you could export your Steam library into How Long To Beat to see, well, how long it would be to finish everything. I'm sure it would not be a pretty sight!

Soldato
Glad I cancelled my subscription a couple of months ago tbh, quality of the games you got was nosediving. Think I had about 4 months where nothing was really worth redeeming.

Soldato
Ok so I'm not really happy about the change. First the price increase is steep, so the quality of games better be good. Secondly, by giving the Classic Tier they are scaring people into never unsubscribing (possibly hoping they forget to pause a month also). And those subbed on a month by month basis but didn't want this month will lose out on the cheaper option.

If you want the cheaper option, you still have the option to pause but you must remember to do that every month, unless later on they set a limit to the number of times you can pause in x amount of months. I'm re-subbed and I'm very much ready to pause the next month, the good thing is now all games will be revealed upfront so making this decision is much easier. I can see a lot of people using this though so I wouldn't be surprised if they change the rules regarding this feature also.

Soldato
I'm currently subscribed (for the Spyro Crash bundle)

I think I'll keep my sub rolling another month, as I expect the first month of the new system will be good to try and keep people subbed.

Soldato
Have never been tempted into subbing, usually just pick up software I like from out of the bundles. The price increases and now imposed complexity of the model will ensure I don't subscribe.

Soldato
When they got bought out it was only a matter of time before profit started coming before charity. I guess this is that time.

This really.

When they used to do it for charity some of the bundles over the years were very good.

I've subscribed to the odd monthly bundle when the featured game has been good, i certainly won't be subscribing to any of their tiers though as frankly i find those prices very steep - for that money you might as well pay for a game pass at one of the bigger game devs.

Associate
I've signed up but we'll see how long it lasts. I can usually wait until the end of the month to get the games, rather than paying up front.

Let's see if we have a really big game to kick it off.

Associate
Looks like they want to discourage people who were subbing on a here and now basis for the marquee game.

Several months of total cack coming then...

Soldato
No thanks. I'll just wait for the sales on the games I want. Way too much crud otherwise, that I don't ever want to waste time on anyway. We're spoiled for choice as it is.

Back
Top Bottom