Humble Choice

Soldato

Humble Monthly is changing to Humble Choice. Each month Humble publish a list of games to choose from and you pick the ones you want, all revealed up-front. Replacing the existing $12/month subscription are 3 new tiers:
  • Lite - No "Choice" games included, but you get Humble Trove access, 10% store discount, and access to some Humble published games and betas. $4.99/month.
  • Basic - As above, plus 3 "Choice" games and full access to Humble published games and betas. $14.99/month.
  • Premium - As above, but 9 "Choice" games and 20% store discount. $19.99/month.
Existing subscribers get access to a fourth, limited tier if they sign up before the end of this month (i.e. buy the current Humble Monthly) .
  • Classic - Same as the Premium tier, but with 10 "Choice" games. Same price as the current subscription, at $12.99/month. This tier ends permanently if you end your subscription.
Seems worth a punt on the Classic tier.

Soldato
OP
Well, turns out Humble Choice isn't starting this month.

Humble Monthly early unlocks for November:

Soul Calibur VI
Yakuza Kiwami
My Time At Portia

Live from 5pm today.

Pretty good month again.

Soldato
OP
Not really blown me away either compared to the last couple of months of Monthly's. Played SOOTTR and Void through Game Pass. Phantom Doctrine, Dead in Vinland, Horizon Chase Turbo, and Xmorph all look interesting enough. The rest will probably get passed on.

As above, okay at $12 but a bit ropey at $20. I thought they'd go big for the first month TBH.

Soldato
OP
Went to pause and they offered me $2 off. So I've gone for it. Can't grumble for £7.60. I really like the look of Ancestors Legacy, Phantom Doctrine, and Dead in Vinland.

Soldato
OP
Excellent month.

Had a look through the games and there isn't one that I wouldn't redeem (and probably never get around to playing :rolleyes:). But I've worked out which two to eliminate; I've had my fill of Bad North via Game Pass, and I'm not that in to fighting games, so Them's Fightin Herds makes an easy second choice.

Soldato
OP
Just fyi @TheSwede , I believe Two Point Hospital is coming to Game Pass, if you have it (Shadow of War is already there, of course).

Just had a look at this. There's an Xbox Game Pass logo at the end of the game's console release trailer, though there hasn't been a specific mention of it coming to Game Pass aside from that. The console version comes with Pebberly Island and Bigfoot DLC too, so slightly better than this version.

So the Game Pass crossovers with this month's Humble Choice (potentially) are:

Shadow of War (Xbox & PC)
Dirt Rally 2.0 (Xbox & PC)
Bad North (Xbox & PC)
Two Point Hospital (probably Xbox, maybe PC)

Does take the shine of Humble Bundle a little. Still not a bad for what it costs (on the Classic plan).

Soldato
OP
Easily one of the worst bundles ever. Looking back over the past three years, I'd say Dec 2017, March 2018, and Oct 2018 were the only ones this bad.

Frostpunk is a decent addition. But it's on Game Pass and Origin Access. Pathfinder has so-so reviews. And while Okami is great, it's a 14 year old game that's been on pretty much every platform going. The rest? Meh. It's all stuff that would sit in my Steam library, unplayed.

I'll be pausing for sure.

Soldato
OP
Pathfinder is one of the best RPGs ever. Better than BG2 even. Reviews took hit due to bugs, since fixed.

I hadn't heard of it. Just did a quick Google search and saw lot of ~70% scores.

Still paused my subscription. My backlog is huge, and this month lacks any real draw for me.

Soldato
OP
Better month IMHO.

But still probably a skip. Pedro is on Game Pass. F1 2018 is on Game Pass (yes, the Choice version is 2019, but I'm not enough of a driving game nut to care). And I already own Planet Coaster.

Will look in to the other games and then decide.

Soldato
OP
Another pause here too.

Feels a bit like last month, with some overlap with Game Pass taking the shine off the bundle (GRIS, Bard's Tale). I'd like to play Hitman, but that's highly likely to wind up on GP at some point as well. And the rest just looks like more backlog fodder; not necessarily bad games, but just stuff I'll never get around to playing.

Soldato
OP
Tempted this month. XCOM, Rise of Industry, Niche and Gladius all have me interested. Already got JWE on Xbox, but if there's a decent modding community then that could be worthwhile too.

Soldato
OP
This month's games:

Supraland
GRID Ultimate Edition
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
The Messenger
Barotrauma
Felix The Reaper
Men of War: Assault Squad 2
Stydian: Reign of the Old Ones
Remnants of Naezith
Overload
Stillness of the Wind
The King's Bird

If you want GRID, and/or don't subscribe to Game Pass, it looks pretty good. GRID: Ultimate is £11.49 on its own via CDKeys. Senua and Stillness of the Wind are on Game Pass.

Tough one for me. Supraland and Felix the Reaper look interesting, and I'd probably play Men of War. No point grabbing Hellblade or Stillness due to Game Pass. And my Steam library already has a bunch of driving games I've never played - not sure I need to add GRID to that list. The rest? Nah.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Turns out it was announced for Game Pass (Xbox) at XO19. Also, Felix the Reaper is on Game Pass. So four of the twelve are Game Pass titles, with a fifth confirmed as coming to the service.

Not great, really.

Soldato
OP
Seems like another decent month. If it wasn't for Game Pass I'd have lept on it instantly.

Will probably just pause again though. The games from these bundles are stacking up. Must be a couple of hundred games in my Steam library from the "May as well redeem because it looks interesting and I'll play it... eventually" category :p

Soldato
OP
I've bitten this month. I was enjoying Vampyr when it fell off Game Pass. That aside, it's far from the best bundle they've done of late, but there are a few things I want to play here at least (even if there's still way too much crossover with GP).

Soldato
OP
There's a few games there that I've had on my wishlist for ages but looking at them now, I'm not that bothered!

Same here.

This is the problem I'm finding with Choice. I don't have time to play through 8-12 games per month. So "strength in depth" isn't really a selling point. OTOH, if there was one game I really wanted in the bundle, I'd buy it and treat everything else as a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom