Humble Choice

Soldato
Just got the email to get the games for £4 with the coupon. I was in two minds about getting them but for this cheap price, I'm not going to say no!

I'll definitely cancel next month though if they don't release anything I want. Sort of happy I don't need to keep pausing every month now.

Soldato
Well, this was a bit surprising to see. Borderlands 3 on Humble Choice. Although saying that, the game is 75% off on the Steam sale right now but still, not a bad offering. Of the other 8 I only heard about Paradise Lost so have to check on the other 7. Anyone else knows anything about them ?

gUbWC9r.png

Associate
Well, this was a bit surprising to see. Borderlands 3 on Humble Choice. Although saying that, the game is 75% off on the Steam sale right now but still, not a bad offering. Of the other 8 I only heard about Paradise Lost so have to check on the other 7. Anyone else knows anything about them ?

Yes, quite the surprise after the last few months of questioning was I going to keep pausing the subscription.

Soldato
OP
Big discount too; £8.99 for all the games. Guess they've realised the format isn't working.

EDIT: And they've added a new "thing"; Humble Games Collection. "Premium indie games handpicked by the Humble team". This month's selection is Wizard of Legend, Void Bs, Unsighted, Forager, Dodgeball Academia, and all of the previous Vault "DRM Free" titles.

Last edited:
Soldato
Now they seem to have changed normal membership to be the same as classic membership (if I understand correctly), is there any real downside to quitting the monthly sub and just re-subbing if there's ever a month of interest?

I haven't actually downloaded a game for ages, but have been loath to unsubscribe because I would lose the benefits of being a classic member (yes, I know this is stupid!)

Caporegime
Now they seem to have changed normal membership to be the same as classic membership (if I understand correctly), is there any real downside to quitting the monthly sub and just re-subbing if there's ever a month of interest?

Not really - you just lose access to the games collection and your 20%? store discount.

Soldato
Cheers. I think I might cancel then. I've probably played a tiny percentage of the games I've got from it over the years. And I already have BL3 (albeit not the DLC).

Ree

Ree

Associate
I skipped and they offered $2 off. I still skipped though as I already own and have completed BL3 and the rest weren't worth the money imo.

Soldato
I've cancelled today, so we'll see what happens. I'm not too bothered if I end up with an extra month over my intention - it can be added to the last XX amount I didn't really want too. :D

Soldato
Here's why I don't pause...

Some mates of mine were talking yesterday about a game they had all started playing - Not For Broadcast. Sounded really interesting so I looked it up - I already own it?! Oh it was in the September 2021 Choice and I literally just added it and moved on, hadn't really heard of it, wasn't grabbed by my quick skim of it...

Not the first time it's happened either; there are some real gems hidden in these sometimes

Man of Honour
Here's why I don't pause...

Some mates of mine were talking yesterday about a game they had all started playing - Not For Broadcast. Sounded really interesting so I looked it up - I already own it?! Oh it was in the September 2021 Choice and I literally just added it and moved on, hadn't really heard of it, wasn't grabbed by my quick skim of it...

Not the first time it's happened either; there are some real gems hidden in these sometimes

Not for Broadcast is a fantastic game. Not played the last chapter that was released very recently, but given how the last 2 chapters and the pandemic bonus material that was released has gone, it'll be great.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Yeah it's in the email they sent me.

c81e7be5b81509a5eabda280150f1d8f.png

Soldato
Selfishly I hope the ME LE is origin version so I don't have to regret buying it on steam for 40 euros (and I still haven't done the replay) :p

Back
Top Bottom