"Hundreds" of Met Police armed response officers hand in the weapons after colleague charged with murder - Chris Kaba Shooting aftermath.

yeh how dare they shoot the guy as he's trying to ram his SUV through a police roadblock and failing to listen to commands.

I do like the family playing the racism card though. Never mind the fact that their son was part of a gang that wouid happily murder you if you as so much as looked at them the wrong way.
What if he genuinely feared for his life (proven correct you know by him being dead) then by the silly pro-police logic here then him ramming their cars was self-defence.

This is the reason we have laws and courts in a civil society, and they apply to everybody unless you think you are special and above the law, which both sides here seem to think. Except taxpayer's money doesn't fund drug dealers, MPs salaries aside of course.

This is what concerns me. Are Armed Police effectively asking for immunity from prosecution? The impunity to shoot who they want as long as they can say to their superiors 'I thought he was a threat to myself or others'? That's an awfully wide open statement to make.

Also, from what I've read, there are nearly 2,400 weapon permit carrying officers in the Met. Around 100 have handed their permit back.I don't think this counts as 'hundreds'.

Also, they get no extra pay for being a weapon carrier. Feels like some of them just wanted one because 'guns are cool' and 'I'll get to shoot someone', although I'm sure they are a minority.

Why don't you tell us you have no idea what you're talking about without telling us you have no idea what you're talking about.

Why don't you tell us you have no idea what you're talking about without telling us you have no idea what you're talking about.
They weren’t statements, they were questions. Police officers handing back weapon permits because one of their own has been taken to task for what the CPS have deemed a potential murder. What do these other officers want? Immunity to shoot whoever they deem a threat?

What if he genuinely feared for his life (proven correct you know by him being dead) then by the silly pro-police logic here then him ramming their cars was self-defence.

Are you seriously suggesting that ramming the police was his only option to try to avoid being shot, rather than just... you know, stopping the car and following their commands? :rolleyes::cry:

Police officers handing back weapon permits because one of their own has been taken to task for what the CPS have deemed a potential murder
viewpoint probably formed because they know more about the case than we do - and are familiar with the environment on engagement.

Maybe CPS have decided to pursue the case, yes, in the public interest, but, KNOW he will be exonerated, let's have some test cases.

[

Also, they get no extra pay for being a weapon carrier. Feels like some of them just wanted one because 'guns are cool' and 'I'll get to shoot someone', although I'm sure they are a minority.

looks like they get bonuses ... and, presumably those skills are also rewarded by grading in performance reviews/KPA's

Temporary Targeted Bonus Payments 1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022Category Amount £ NotesFirearms Uplift Programme –Firearms Officers, Protectiongroup & Dedicated SurveillanceTeam Officers (FISO)£2,000Centrally processed. No individualapplications required.£500 paid quarterly in Aug-21, Nov-21, Feb22 & May- 22 retrospectively
]

viewpoint probably formed because they know more about the case than we do - and are familiar with the environment on engagement.

Maybe CPS have decided to pursue the case, yes, in the public interest, but, KNOW he will be exonerated, let's have some test cases.

[

looks like they get bonuses ... and, presumably those skills are also rewarded by grading in performance reviews/KPA's

]
That's for Thames Valley. I'm sure I've read that unless you're on diplomatic or government close protection you get no extra pay as a Firearms Permit holder in the Met.

Are you seriously suggesting that ramming the police was his only option to try to avoid being shot, rather than just... you know, stopping the car and following their commands? :rolleyes::cry:
but, but, but he only had a split second what if he genuinely thought that they were there to murder him what if, what if.

That's the point, what ifs and misguided beliefs aren't the law or shouldn't be.

Just like every drug dealing gang member isn't to be trusted, this doesn't appear to be a clean no questions to ask shoot.

The Police have lost the public trust, and they only have themselves as an institution to blame for that, so they get to have a trial to prove their innocence. Yet you have a whole host of officers showing they haven't learnt anything and are having a temper tantrum like children.

Last edited:
The Police have not lost public trust, they have lost public trust of the drug dealing family & community who think Thier loved ones are above the law. Guess what they are not and nothing but a hindrance to society.

They weren’t statements, they were questions. Police officers handing back weapon permits because one of their own has been taken to task for what the CPS have deemed a potential murder. What do these other officers want? Immunity to shoot whoever they deem a threat?
if you actually knew any firearms officers you would appreciate that they wouldn’t be doing this unless they believed it was a good shoot and the officer concerned was being thrown under the bus.

They certainly wouldn’t be handing their tickets in if they thought it was a bad shoot and they definitely wouldn’t be backing someone if that were the case.

It’s such a hard unit to get into in the first place.

I can’t remember what shooting it was now but I was at Gravesend in the mid 2000’s when something similar happened. All the SO19 lads and ladettes came in on their day off or in for refs ready to hand their tickets in. They won’t do it for every Police shooting that gets a charge so that’s why I think, which they obviously do, they know more than we do.

If the Officer in question is found guilty the ones that handed their tickets in will certainly have egg on their faces and some probably won’t be allowed back into the fire arms units.

in regards to looking after one of there own you are far more likely to have a firearms Officer bubble a bad egg up than in most other sections of the Met.

That's for Thames Valley. I'm sure I've read that unless you're on diplomatic or government close protection you get no extra pay as a Firearms Permit holder in the Met.
This is correct. You don't get any extra pay for being a firearms officer. Pay only changes with rank. Source: my dad is a firearms officer for the met

my dad is a firearms officer for the met

gigachad-chad.gif

I don't see anything wrong with someone handing in their firearms card when the duties are voluntary and unpaid.

Weird that the army gets a call when unpaid volunteers hand in their cards.

but, but, but he only had a split second what if he genuinely thought that they were there to murder him what if, what if.

You know he didn't genuinely think that, and I (and everyone else on this board) knows you know that, so why try to play dumb?

That's the point, what ifs and misguided beliefs aren't the law or shouldn't be.

There's "what ifs and misguided beliefs", and then there's the mental gymnastics required to state someone trying to escape from police attacked them in self-defence :cry:

The Police have lost the public trust, and they only have themselves as an institution to blame for that, so they get to have a trial to prove their innocence. Yet you have a whole host of officers showing they haven't learnt anything and are having a temper tantrum like children.

The fact you're repeatedly using language such as "having a temper tantrum" just proves you've already made your mind up about the situation due to prejudices against the police. You seem incapable of seeing it from their point of view, which is that they've just found out they could be facing murder charges purely for doing voluntary extra duties, even if they do them correctly.

Would you volunteer to be a fire marshal at work if you were told one day that if there ever was a fire, you'd be facing a murder charge for anyone who didn't make it out, regardless of whether you did everything right? Of course not, you'd have to be an absolute idiot to take on that risk.

Last edited:
You know he didn't genuinely think that, and I (and everyone else on this board) knows you know that, so why try to play dumb?

There's "what ifs and misguided beliefs", and then there's the mental gymnastics required to state someone trying to escape from police attacked them in self-defence :cry:

The fact you're repeatedly using language such as "having a temper tantrum" just proves you've already made your mind up about the situation due to prejudices against the police. You seem incapable of seeing it from their point of view, which is that they've just found out they could be facing murder charges purely for doing voluntary extra duties, even if they do them correctly.

Would you volunteer to be a fire marshal at work if you were told one day that if there ever was a fire, you'd be facing a murder charge for anyone who didn't make it out, regardless of whether you did everything right? Of course not, you'd have to be an absolute idiot to take on that risk.
If they've done everything right, they have nothing to worry about, right ? they should be professional and wait for the full story to come out at the court case. funny how the public are expected to live by those rules, but not these police officers.

The court case will see if the shooter genuinely couldn't do anything other than shoot the driver. the only people who have made their minds up are those crying about hard done by the Police are and how they should get special treatment with their weird fantasies that real life should be like some comic book.

If they've done everything right, they have nothing to worry about, right ?
In theory yes, because if so, it likely wouldn't make it as far as a murder charge in the first place - like most police shootings.

The (unanswerable) question at the moment is whether CPS actually genuinely think something hasn't been done right and a murder charge is justified, or as I suspect the officers handing in their tickets believe, the CPS is throwing an officer under the bus to avoid a political / societal problem and the entire thing should never have gone beyond the IOPC.

If they've done everything right, they have nothing to worry about, right ? they should be professional and wait for the full story to come out at the court case. funny how the public are expected to live by those rules, but not these police officers.

The court case will see if the shooter genuinely couldn't do anything other than shoot the driver. the only people who have made their minds up are those crying about hard done by the Police are and how they should get special treatment with their weird fantasies that real life should be like some comic book.
I’d take a stab in the dark the reason so many have turned their tickets in is they think the CPS lowered the charging freshhold in this one case because of political pressure..

If the standard charging freshhold was met then go to town with the charging but if pressure was put on the CPS….

Either way it will be interesting how it all unfolds.

I reckon that every time someone dies on the operating table the surgeon should be charged with murder, after all:

If they've done everything right, they have nothing to worry about, right

I mean, if the general public were to try operating on someone and it went **** up, I'm pretty sure they would end up in court.

funny how the public are expected to live by those rules, but not these police officers surgeons.

In theory yes, because if so, it likely wouldn't make it as far as a murder charge in the first place - like most police shootings.

The (unanswerable) question at the moment is whether CPS actually genuinely think something hasn't been done right and a murder charge is justified, or as I suspect the officers handing in their tickets believe, the CPS is throwing an officer under the bus to avoid a political / societal problem and the entire thing should never have gone beyond the IOPC.
:cry: I shouldn’t of bothered typing mine now I’ve just seen this.

How could they be thrown under the Bus when the police and criminal justice system is so infallible that no one working within it should ever be questioned over their actions ?

Back
Top Bottom