"Hundreds" of Met Police armed response officers hand in the weapons after colleague charged with murder - Chris Kaba Shooting aftermath.

Am I missing something or did you have an issue with me talking about this national news event, which has been front page news in the UK over the past 3 days? I mean I'd really like to know before replying further just to make sure I'm 100% certain of the exact purpose of your post first.
My comment wasn't very useful or particularly fair so I do retract it.

Because police officers don’t have infallible judgment and could “deem it necessary” in a wholly inappropriate situation?

Doesn't seem like discharging your weapon while chasing a potentially armed drug dealer in a car chase would on the face of it seem like a wholly inappropriate situation, given a car is 100% a deadly weapon. A murder charge seems outrageous.

Oh dear what a pity. A motorcyclist being followed by the police died when his bike was in collision with a taxi and a bin. The passenger had non life threatening injuries and was arrested on being found in possession of a machete. Urban gardeners? This is why we need police officers armed with more than a baton.
Are we now advocating for the routine arming of coppers despite the repeatedly saying they don’t want to be and the fact most AFO’s will never discharge a weapon in the line of duty?

Should a police officer be standing in front of 2 tonnes of vehicle, does seem to me a rather poor choice.
I’m loving the repeated use of the weight of the vehicle! Does the officer need to know the weight of the vehicle before deciding to shoot the driver dead or us it just more hating on SUV drivers!

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like discharging your weapon while chasing a potentially armed drug dealer in a car chase would on the face of it seem like a wholly inappropriate situation, given a car is 100% a deadly weapon. A murder charge seems outrageous.
That’s a very reductive argument and you know it.

The bar for a murder verdict in these situations is incredibly high and the fact it is being investigated suggests there is more to this than we know. Nevertheless, if a police officer acts according to their training and operational guidelines then they shouldn’t be afraid of investigation.

So how did the policeman get out of the car to shoot him? from the aerial shot the damage to Tesla is next to the open police car door.
Probably went something like

Police attempt to block the road
CK stops, possibly further back from where its positioned in the aerial pic
Police exit the car and order him to comply, weapons drawn
CK thinks nah and accelerates
Gets shot by the officer standing between police car and tesla
Q8 gets rolled back, possibly to treat CK/search the car as mentioned further up

That’s a very reductive argument and you know it.

The bar for a murder verdict in these situations is incredibly high and the fact it is being investigated suggests there is more to this than we know. Nevertheless, if a police officer acts according to their training and operational guidelines then they shouldn’t be afraid of investigation.
Nothing like some idle speculation to fill the time, the CPS will have a better picture of what happened and if they have moved to press charges in a ridiculous situation they will rightly be mauled by the media. You have to trust the process until it fails and so far in this case the right process has been followed. If the CPS lack the evidence to back up a miser charge the officer will walk as convincing a Jury he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt is going to be a very tall order as his defence will likely rely heavily on the fact he reasonably thought his life of that of others was in imminent danger at which point he is allowed to discharge his weapon.

do you think the timeline is abnormal ?
Clearly, as do many police officers. My post explained that.

The Lucy Letby Police investigation started in 2017. were you crying about her mental health a year in ? what would your opinion of nurses have been if they walked out in protest in 2018 before all the facts and the court case ?
Irrelevant, Letby's prosecution largely rested on massive amounts of circumstantial evidence for events which spanned years, which is clearly not the case here.

Again, the Police aren't and shouldn't be treated as special.
What does "special" mean? You've said it twice but failed to elaborate, other than to ramble about a comic book.

Two questions leap to mind.

1. Who are you?
2. Why should I care?
I can't answer this until I know what level warning I'm on.

All you need to do is look at this persons criminal and extremely violent background to know that he probably wasn’t one for stopping for the police and was exceptionally likely to be armed and quite happy to use said armaments. It’s a story as old as time and sadly one that afflicts a specific area of our society in an entirely disproportionate manner.

I can completely understand why so many officers have handed in their fire arms. It’s not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Clearly, as do many police officers. My post explained that.

Irrelevant, Letby's prosecution largely rested on massive amounts of circumstantial evidence for events which spanned years, which is clearly not the case here.

What does "special" mean? You've said it twice but failed to elaborate, other than to ramble about a comic book.

I can't answer this until I know what level warning I'm on.
So police officers, who spend months or even years investigating other people, are upset when months or even years are spent investigating them ? OK, but they don't want special treatment ?

it is relevant, 6 years from investigation to conviction for a high profile murder case.

OK better example Dalian Atkinson was murdered in 2016, the Police officer was charged in 2019 and convicted in 2021. You might be ignorant of the time the justice system takes, but police officers certainly aren't it's just more crying from them about how, yes, they are special, and the normal rules and process shouldn't apply to them. because of their fragile mental health.

All you need to do is look at this persons criminal and extremely violent background to know that he probably wasn’t one for stopping for the police and was exceptionally likely to be armed and quite happy to use said armaments. It’s a story as old as time and sadly one that afflicts a specific area of our society in an entirely disproportionate manner.

But yeh, it’s racist and the police are awful blah blah blah.
Yeah, his back story goes very much against the narrative his family put out there.

Gangster of peace etc etc

Last edited:
Did they know who he was before they shot him? As it was reported it wasn't his car?

Which if they didn't would make his previous criminal history at that point a bit moot, no?

Did they know who he was before they shot him? As it was reported it wasn't his car?

Which if they didn't would make his previous criminal history at that point a bit moot, no?
Based in media reports I don't think they'd identified him as such so not relevant to individual treatment of him at the time, but it's still relevant for the purposes of speculating how he might have acted during the police stop (e.g. whether or not it's believable that he tried to ram past the police car).

The police will have been prepared for violence in any case though due to the car's link to firearms offences.

E: His criminal history (if true) does make a bit of a mockery of all the good words about him from friends and family though, and the portrayal in some news articles as simply a father to be caught up in a police blunder...

Last edited:
Based in media reports I don't think they'd identified him as such so not relevant to individual treatment of him at the time, but it's still relevant for the purposes of speculating how he might have acted during the police stop (e.g. whether or not it's believable that he tried to ram past the police car).

The police will have been prepared for violence in any case though due to the car's link to firearms offences.
Yes indeed - the vehicle was known to the police previously for fire arms offences. So obviously the police approached the vehicle expecting the very worst.

Most decent members of society would never put themselves in that situation but you know, he was a wonderful human being and an absolute benefit to society and no doubt a victim of racism. Or something.

Oh yea, the firearms flag on the car is why they would have been twitchy and why armed police were there in the first place, just pointing out the fallacy of the restropective justification some people seem to be putting forward due to his previous history, when it wouldn't have been known.

I mean, a car failing to stop and actively trying to get away isn't that uncommon (I've watched police interceptors :p) and generally doesn't end up with with someone being shot!

Back
Top Bottom