"Hundreds" of Met Police armed response officers hand in the weapons after colleague charged with murder - Chris Kaba Shooting aftermath.

The first case found there was a basis, so much so they were fired. The second case only looked for inconsistencies, which at best seems like a technicality. Unless they can provide a more evidence based justification, which is really what I’d like to see.

Right. But this ruling has said that to address the inconsistency they will assume they were all telling the truth about smelling weed rather than they all lied.

On what basis?

You're just getting this backwards I think - the basis here is a fundamental assumption we have in our criminal justice system - you're presumed to be innocent until proven guilty.

Those are just words. How do they refute the initial ruling. Why was it irrational and how does the inconstancy automatically assume they were telling the truth. Given they were initially proven to be liars.

They weren't proven to be liars and you've already had it explained to you. The explanation is how it was irrational.

Those are just words. How do they refute the initial ruling. Why was it irrational and how does the inconstancy automatically assume they were telling the truth. Given they were initially proven to be liars.

Again, the presumption of innocence is pretty fundamental to our justice system. On what basis were they not telling the truth?

Doesn't matter - the same question still applies - on what basis were they not telling the truth?

On the basis of the first hearing.

The appeal verdict hasn't provided enough information to justify why that's no longer valid.

Which comes back to my original point

Are the details of this case in the public domain?

All we get is....

Their dismissal was overturned by the Police Appeals Tribunal, which found the panel's decision was "irrational" and "inconsistent".

Hugh Davies, representing Mr Clapham, said the officers had "every reason to suspect criminality" when they pulled Dos Santos over.

Clearly the answer to my question is no. There are no details.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom