Hungarian Grand Prix 2016, Budapest - Race 11/21

They do care about maximising points though

I don't think Hamilton would listen though, so they won't ask.

They've pretty much said that at this stage when there is no risk to the championship they wouldn't use team orders unless they started risking their cars with their antics, team orders to secure points could happen later in the year if something changed in the championship.

However Hamilton has done this before where he just backs into Rosberg to worsen his tire life and potentially push him into people behind him before. With the way the team situation is I could believe Hamilton would do it but radio in about struggling to cover himself in the event the team started accusing him of screwing with Rosberg on purpose.

If that is what Hamilton is doing again, it's brilliant, particularly the let Rosberg gain then pull out the gap in S3 to be out of DRS.

Wouldn't it be obvious if Hamilton was doing that. They can see the telemetry (so how throttle is being used) and also see if he is genuinely struggling for grip.

Not often i do it but i think i'm gonna switch off and watch highlights later, this race has been so dull so far.

Hungary has been a surprisingly great race in recent seasons but frankly mostly because of Hamilton being out of position. Was it 2014 Ham had a failure in qualifying so started at or near the back, then 2015 a bad start then a trip off grid and frankly Rosberg/Hamilton getting into all kinds of **** throughout the race. Like Barcelona unless a fast car is way out of position it's basically a poor overtaking track.

Here and Barcelona you need both a car out of position and a good overtaking driver to be in that car to create a good race.

Back
Top Bottom