Hurricane Harvey

Caporegime
I never understand the whole thanking god thing for being saved...when in theory he put you in that position to start with and you have lost everything but the clothes you are wearing

it was a necessary sacrifice as the storm was there to highlight the sin of gay marriage

The BBC calls their news channel BBC World News not BBC USA News. I really think other places in the world should get a mention but the BBC cannot see past the USA. For many months now it has been dominated by Trump stories no matter how minor and now we have the hurricane/storm which has received the most air time. World News should reflect world events and not be dominated by oapart of the wold with a population of a mere 323m.

some parts of the world are more important than others also, as another poster has highlighted, they did report on both

Caporegime
OP
Now Hurricane Irma is on it's way. Cat 5 sustaining 180mph at the moment and heading straight into the Leewards. And looks like it'll turn straight into Florida.

There's another following close behind which looks to be on the same course too.

Soldato
What was the quote? Katrina was a 1 in a 100 year event. Harvey was a 1 in a 100 year event. Irma shaping up to be a 1 in a 100 year event. All in the past 12 years.

No, nothing wrong here. Move along (after the storm has passed!).

Caporegime
Irma likely to be the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic basin on record. Wind speeds at 185MpH now. not looking good.

Some models have it swinging up to my neck of the woods, low probability though

Associate
Irma likely to be the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic basin on record. Wind speeds at 185MpH now. not looking good.

Some models have it swinging up to my neck of the woods, low probability though
I'm in Orlando right now. Gonna nip to the shops and stock up on bottle water and canned foods as well as fill the hire car up in the morning.

Not overly worried by it. I'm English after all, what's a bit of wet weather!

Back
Top Bottom