Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" TFT

Associate
I can report I have seen no evidence of banding on my two L90D+'s. I haven't tested for it but if I can't see it during my normal use, surfing and games, then I'm happy;)

Associate
Is it possible for anyone to mail me or link the drivers that came on your CD's? I'll try that and if that's no good then I might contact OCUK just to see what they think. I'll be dead chuffed if it's just my unit.

Address is [email protected] if anyone can. Cheers

Associate
Just tried looking at the driver disk for my L90D and basicly when you insert the CD into the drive it just comes up with an explorer window(if you know what i mean) theres no installshield to install these drivers:confused: .

I know you need this acrobat reader S%*T but thats just to read the manual. Does anyone have any idear on how to install the L90D drivers properly?.

Forgive me if i sound stupid:rolleyes:

Associate
Just tried coldwired's jpeg on my L9OD+ and can honestly say that there is no visible banding as shown in the pic of his monitor, I think it may be a driver problem.

Associate
Originally posted by JHONO

I know you need this acrobat reader S%*T but thats just to read the manual. Does anyone have any idear on how to install the L90D drivers properly?.

Forgive me if i sound stupid:rolleyes:

Goto display properties, click advanced then monitor then driver then update driver and direct it to the driver for your monitor on the disk in the L9OD+ folder

Associate
tried reinstalling and whether i have a plug and play monitor or the 90d+, it is exactly the same, with banding. out of interest, my driver date says 7-10-2002 - what about yours?

Associate
Originally posted by TONY
Goto display properties, click advanced then monitor then driver then update driver and direct it to the driver for your monitor on the disk in the L9OD+ folder

I've tried to update my L90D+ software by doing this too, but it won't find any new drivers and just keeps it as Plug and Play monitor :( Ah well.

Associate
I wonder whether it might be worth reinstalling windows before i contemplate sending the tft back. I've no reason to believe it will sort it out but in the past odd things like this have been rectified.... I dunno, I think it's more likely to be the hardware tho. Cheers for the replies all.

Associate
The banding... from the discussions on here others are using the grey jpeg i created and are saying that they getting no banding at all. I don't know why mine is different... all i can think of is a slightly older version for the first models or something. My wife had it on preorder in November I think she said.

I like the monitor but i have seen other TN panel TFT's that have no banding (or very little) so I'd only swap if I knew mine was faulty. If they're all like it then I would live with it but as RoboStac said earlier, his 90D+ had no banding.

Associate
hit the link below and tell me if you see horizontal banding on your 90D+. It looks like there aren't enough colour shades, so there is a lining going on, sometimes with a slight green or pink hue. If you alter the contrast on the monitor you will see it 'scroll' around. On a CRT or the 17" Iiyama TFT I have seen, there is no banding and no movement.

jpeg

Associate
Realy im not going to let this bother me, This banding S£%T everyone just wants the perfect TFT, well nothin is perfect in this world and im just going to be happy with what i have. Im just greatful i have no dead pixels.

Besides this little bit of banding does not effect the way i use my TFT, since i dont realy know 100% what banding is anyway:confused:

Associate
Yes it sounds like you have the problem too but it also sounds like this is just the way the Hyundai works. It's perfect on the Iiyama I have seen and nearly perfect on the Viewsonic VX912B. Such is life.

If we wanted the perfect TFT then we'd be waiting years for it. The point of this thread for me was that other L90D+ owners had said there was no banding on theirs and there was on mine, so all I'm trying to establish is whether I had a faulty or substandard unit.

I'm happy to have fast 8ms response, it's just a shame that the technology at the moment means it's like running 16-bit desktop colour, back in the old days of the Nvidia TNT2.

Back
Top Bottom