Hyundai W241D-PVA

OcUK Staff
Looks like the W241D is the absolute best recommendation, since it's the cheapest none-TN type around, and it's not only PVA, but S-PVA. I was really wondering, how comes, that there is a W240D-PVA in the UK, since that model is not listed on the Hyundai website, and also not available in the German-speaking market. I think this is quite strange, especially because Hyundai didn't do variations on that product name (so no addon-letters to the model-number to specify differences), it's just the W240D and W241D.

Hi there

The reason for this is because I personally requested Hyundai do a PVA version of their TN panel weeks ago. They had already decided to do a PVA with USB hub hence why that one is listed on the site.

The W240D with PVA was not planned but as I requested it and due to the very strong relationship we have with Hyundai they have built for OcUK exclusively a batch of W240D's with the PVA panel.

Not everybody wants to pay the extra for the USB hub in the W241D-PVA and as such the W240D version makes for an excellent value fully featured PVA panel monitor.

You guys wanted a PVA Hyundai, I got them to make us one. :)

Associate
Wow Gibbo that's really impressive!! Good job :)

to AndrewPE28: That's the same reason i am going to get one... i am just trying to decide if i need the USB or not... and if i get my cheque in time, before the offer expires.
:)

(edit: even if I can't get it before the offer expires, I will still get it :p )

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow Gibbo that's really impressive!! Good job :)

to AndrewPE28: That's the same reason i am going to get one... i am just trying to decide if i need the USB or not... and if i get my cheque in time, before the offer expires.
:)

(edit: even if I can't get it before the offer expires, I will still get it :p )

Just a quick heads up for you guys, in the youtube video above it shows all the connections being on the left hand side of the monitor; thats not the case with the W241D; only the USB ports are on the side. All other connections are on the underside round the back like the dell 2407 etc.

Associate
That's good to know, Thanks Nann_H. Do you have a photo of that back? (not that it matters I guess, I was just curious). What do you think of the quality of the speakers and are you still happy with the monitor, now you've had it a little while?

omg so many questions! sorry about that ;)

Happy Thanksgiving (to anyone that it applies to) :p

Soldato
That's good to know, Thanks Naan_H. Do you have a photo of that back? (not that it matters I guess, I was just curious). What do you think of the quality of the speakers and are you still happy with the monitor, now you've had it a little while?

omg so many questions! sorry about that ;)

Happy Thanksgiving (to anyone that it applies to) :p

I havent used the speakers at all, as i already have my 5.1 perfectly set up so i dont want to ruin that. Now that i have had it a few days, im loving it even more! Ive been watching a lot hi def stuff and it looks great. I cant really fault it at all. I need some easily accessible USB ports so the hub is just what i needed!

Associate
Got my W241D today and i have to say! its big. No dead pixels, no ghosting. no light bleed. all good things.

Mine did come with an HDMI cable. as i remeber some saying theres didnt. the high gloss black bezel looks nice, but is a dust magnet. the touch buttons also are a nice feature.

played some movies and the colours are bright and sharp. PS3 HDMI looks amazing on this 1080p and also blu-ray looks stunning. also gave COD4 a run quickly and again it looks awsome full res on my GTX.

Hyundai have a great screen here in the W241D but the one bad thing is its a crysis killer!!!!!. but never mind i have only got the demo as iam gona wait for the next gen cards before playing it.

all in all very pleased with the screen and OCUK for the spot on delivery as always. if anyone is thinking of 24" then they should seriously look at this hyundai offering as its a stunning screen with fantastic viewing angles to.

Soldato
Oh yes forgot to mention it came with dvi, vga, hdmi, usb and audio cables too. Looks like everyone who has one so far really likes the screen. Glad i took the plunge too :)

Associate
the only thing i dont like is the buttons, i cant see them :( i end up pressing "^" when i want to press "\/", and when i go to turn it on i press on the led light instead of the power button :o

meh, my PS3 looks amazing on it at 1080p and 720p so im not too bothered about the buttons :D

Last edited:
Associate
sorry, but this image is absolutely awful....i hope its the camera's fault!!

dsc01465lu3.jpg

Caporegime
Care to comment why the image is awful?

image looks pretty good to me, been following this thread for a few days now and that hyundai looks like a very nice monitor, i recently made the jump to a 24 myself (benq fp241w from a viewsonic vx 2025) takes a bit of getting used to size wise but i gotta say i like the black finish on the hyundai, my benq is the silver one:( btw can i ask where you get your hi def trailers from) thanks

Soldato
image looks pretty good to me, been following this thread for a few days now and that hyundai looks like a very nice monitor, i recently made the jump to a 24 myself (benq fp241w from a viewsonic vx 2025) takes a bit of getting used to size wise but i gotta say i like the black finish on the hyundai, my benq is the silver one:( btw can i ask where you get your hi def trailers from) thanks

That was actually a quicktime 1080p trailer converted to .avi (which means there might be some loss of quality in the conversion)...most of them are on the apple site.

To be honest for all things hi-def you need to search newsgroups ;)

Soldato
how have you found the 24 for games, and what graphics card do you use, if you dont mind me asking

For games at 1900x1200 its absolutely fantastic, so much more immersive than my old 19inch. I have a 8800 GTX and it absolutely flies (except with crysis).

Caporegime
For games at 1900x1200 its absolutely fantastic, so much more immersive than my old 19inch. I have a 8800 GTX and it absolutely flies (except with crysis).

on an overclocked 8800gts 640 here and ive found that dropping aa to 0 helps quite a bit, as for crysis thats a different matter, no one can run it at a high rate on high settings, the reason i went for a 24 is because its so much more versatile, le the different inputs etc, plus its bigger and better than my bedroom tv (tv tuner required):p my vx2025 cost 300.5 quid 18 months ago, 440.00 for the benq, lot of money on monitors but i think its well spent:)

Associate
Care to comment why the image is awful?

well, the blacks are terrible, colours are washed and yucky and there is pretty bad bleed on the left.

this is on my monitor which is on its death bed and has bad image quality, bad blacks and bleed......but still, better!

3917.jpg

Soldato
well, the blacks are terrible, colours are washed and yucky and there is pretty bad bleed on the left.

this is on my monitor which is on its death bed and has bad image quality, bad blacks and bleed......but still, better!

3917.jpg

If you had read earlier on the monitor had not been calibrated properly when the pictures were taken, and that bleed on the left isnt actually there (which i have already mentioned)...im at this moment watching heroes in hi-def and the colours are in no way washed out. It looks absolutely stunning!

Associate
then why ask "Care to comment why the image is awful?" when you know fine well what is bad about the image.

why post such an awful looking image.....
bah i don't care anymore....im off to sleep :confused:

Back
Top Bottom