Hyundai W241D-PVA

My 241D arrived this morning & I have a strange problem with it.

The image display is effectively squashed into a smaller size.... blurring everything and giving me roughly a 23" viewable size inside the 24" screen.

Don't know how else to explain it.... I've checked all options in the OSD, nvidia control panel & trawled through the manual - nothing of any help.... I looked on hyundai's website to try and get some help - but the monitor isn't even listed.

Any ideas?

Check:

You installed the monitor INF (Driver) off the CD

Your set to 1:1 in the OSD Display settings.

1920x1200 in Nvidia control panel

That's a point.... the one thing I couldn't install was the inf driver.... have gone through the various update driver bits on everything under the monitor section of device manager.... but it won't take and install the driver :S

Other than that, I'm set to 1:1 and 1920x1200

Just played a couple of games on it.

Started up UT3 & went to adjust the resolution - I couldn't believe it was set to 1024x768 - I have it set to keep the aspect ratio, but sctretch & it looked damn impressive at 1024x768.... then I upped it to 1920x1200 :)

Gaming experience is more pleasurable than on my old Dell 3007 :D

So aside from the weird vga/dvi problem you have, are you liking it overall so far? I'm nervous now about getting mine... from what you say it might be a driver problem and I wanted to hook it up on a mac, so you can almost guarantee that driver won't install for me too. I guess I could always return it.

So aside from the weird vga/dvi problem you have, are you liking it overall so far? I'm nervous now about getting mine... from what you say it might be a driver problem and I wanted to hook it up on a mac, so you can almost guarantee that driver won't install for me too. I guess I could always return it.

I have an idea about the size issue thing.... I haven't tried it out yet though, will let you know when I do.

... I had my hdtv connected up to the same dvi port via dvi->hdmi converter.... then with the output overscanning the NV control panel has an option that lets you adjust the size of the image displayed on the TV.

I shrunk the image to be a perfect fit... I'm wondering if somewhere it's still stored that slightly shrunk profile and because it detects it isn't connected to an hdtv anymore - the nv control panel has disabled the option.

Silly bug... but could be the issue :S

So what I'll need to do to try and fix it is hook it back up to my hdtv - put the screen size back to normal and then try hooking up to this hyundai. Fingers crossed that will do the tick.

But yeah - even through VGA it looks very good & I am extremely impressed with how well the screen scales.... I've used a lot of tfts & this is the first one that has impressed me in this way.

Then I just went and played crysis @ 1280x768.... very impressive :)

I am happy with this monitor & will be happier when I can get the dvi input working properly, but like I said - i think it's the computer, not the screen.

Can't wait until I get my other two ;)

Tri-screen UT3 :D

Its the same with any TFT really or LCD

It depends on what you determine as being the right settings for you personally.

Different Graphics cards wil affect colour display as well as ambient lighting

Yeah - no that it's daytime & the curtains are open - it seems a little dim - so I'm just turning it up a bit now... I did have a heck of a hangover when I was tuning it yesterday - so that will have had an effect on the chosen settings too lol!

I have an idea about the size issue thing.... I haven't tried it out yet though, will let you know when I do.

... I had my hdtv connected up to the same dvi port via dvi->hdmi converter.... then with the output overscanning the NV control panel has an option that lets you adjust the size of the image displayed on the TV.

I shrunk the image to be a perfect fit... I'm wondering if somewhere it's still stored that slightly shrunk profile and because it detects it isn't connected to an hdtv anymore - the nv control panel has disabled the option.

Silly bug... but could be the issue :S

So what I'll need to do to try and fix it is hook it back up to my hdtv - put the screen size back to normal and then try hooking up to this hyundai. Fingers crossed that will do the tick.

But yeah - even through VGA it looks very good & I am extremely impressed with how well the screen scales.... I've used a lot of tfts & this is the first one that has impressed me in this way.

Then I just went and played crysis @ 1280x768.... very impressive :)

I am happy with this monitor & will be happier when I can get the dvi input working properly, but like I said - i think it's the computer, not the screen.

Can't wait until I get my other two ;)

Tri-screen UT3 :D

... it worked :) Thought it would - hehe.

All sorted, input through DVI & looking sweet & sharper than vga :D

Ive spent an hour or so trying out different online test pages.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Now from what i can tell from those test patterns, ive had to increase the Gamma in the nvidia cp to 73% from 50% to achieve good results. I dont know if this effects your TFT's but its worth giving it a try.

So:

NVCP Settings:
Gamma 73%

OSD Settings:
Brightness 60
Contrast 68

I also used a free app called Eizo_Monitortest to play with contrast and Brightness

Back
Top Bottom